Headlights

montanagrog

Established Member
I posted over in the Mustang section, but thought I may have better luck getting answers from here, as the search bought up a couple old posts on headlights from here.

I have to replace the headlight housings in the wife's '87 and am wondering about aftermarket kits. I saw the story about the one piece and have hear about these problem elsewhere too. My questions to those with personal experence of these are;

1) What brand did you try?
2) Quality? Did they leak, etc?
3) Fit?
4) Complete with all hardware, rubber surrounds, and support brackets or just the outter housing?
5) Looking for best lighting ablities, halogines, Sylvanias, ,HID, etc, what do you use? Alot of deer uphere and need wide and long illumination.
6) Just stick with the Ford stockers?
Thanks!! :beer:

got hp

SVT Connoisseur
Established Member
I would stick with the Ford original headlamps with some Sylvania Silverstars. I personally don't like the one piece and the ones on my buddys car didn't last very long before they cracked and started to look like a fishbowl. :)

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
If you are looking for a 6 piece kit (head lights and markers) Don't be fooled by the ones you can find on ebay for less than $100.

Get the money to buy some good ones

montanagrog

Established Member
Thanks guys! I'd rather spend the money for OEM, than just throw a $100 bill out the window for aftermarket if they don't work. Reason I was looking into something else is the roads here aren't the best with 'sand' and de-icer in the winter leaves a residue in the spring that still coat and chip everything.

Users who are viewing this thread