Headliner removal

Cobra9701

Anyone ever remove the headliner before? All interior is out and I started pulling it down however there is 3 rows of heavy duty glue hold it up to the roof. I don’t want to keep pull on it and cause dents in the rooftop. Any help is appreciated!

01yellercobra

Established Member
I looked this up not to long ago and what I found was having to pull to break the glue apart. A couple guys said they were able to get their arm/hand between the liner and roof and kind of pry it apart.

Cobra9701

I looked this up not to long ago and what I found was having to pull to break the glue apart. A couple guys said they were able to get their arm/hand between the liner and roof and kind of pry it apart.
I tried exactly that and it’s flexing the roof and caused 2 small dents from where the glue if pulling on. I’ll have to push those dents out. LMR had a video removing it and made it look so easy.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Maybe talk to an upholstery shop? I'm sure they can give you an idea or two. Or even see what they would charge to do it so if it gets messed up it's on them.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Have you tried any adhesive removers? If not, you might try to soak the glue with something like Citrol 266 or Rapid Remover. Either should break it down enough that you could peel/ scrape it off. Wear PPE when using them, especially in a confined space. Mask/ gloves/ glasses/ long sleeves etc.

Users who are viewing this thread