Heads Up: Bilstein No Longer Revalves Stock Cobra Shocks/Struts

WireMesh

Established Member
After having issues contacting Bilstein US, I went ahead and bought some used shocks/struts from a member on here and sent them to Bilstein with the instruction form off their website. Just now heard back from Bilstein and they recently made it a company policy to not revalve OEM shocks/struts. The guy on the phone said they could not revalve the rear shocks anyways because they are crimped. Just a heads up for anyone on hear thinking about doing this! Now I've gotta go dump more money out to get shocks/struts for my coilovers.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Damn it was going to to this over the winter, do to lowering mine it rides fine but figured well I was gonna change the springs out why not.

Woody6799

Established Member
Wowwww that sucks. I was about to send it the pair of struts I just took off the car for rebuild to toss in my basement. When did they stop doing it?

WireMesh

Established Member
Wowwww that sucks. I was about to send it the pair of struts I just took off the car for rebuild to toss in my basement. When did they stop doing it?

"recently" according to the guy. So no specific time.

Do you know if they will rebuild them? Does it only apply to re-valving?

I believe they will rebuild the fronts, but not the rears because they are crimped.

Users who are viewing this thread