Heads up to people looking at this 04 comp. orange..........

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
1 bad bullitt said:
The orange looks good on a mach 1 but I don't like it on the cobras, it's a little too milky, should have been brighter.

how do you figure that since ford used the same color on cobra, mach and gt for 2004. may vary according to the light :shrug:

you are right tho its not for everyone - hence the low production. but it def screams musclecar! :rockon:

Last edited:

Termin8r27

Established Member
Guys, first off the Pony emblem/airbag cover is normal. Looks exactly like mine and mine has never been wrecked and the airbag has never been deployed. Came from the factory with the Pony Airbag cover.

2nd that dealership is pretty well-known with the Corvette Crews to be honest and forthcoming. IF indeed the car has been wrecked, they are not knowingly trying to rip someone off.

My .02

Deanpug

Established Member
I don't know the dealership in question but if we have a car that has had extensive body work, we wholesale it and don't sell it off the lot. I am sure the dealership has heard of our site and that their car is the subject of much dialogue. Maybe they have checked the car out and decided to get rid of it rather than ruin their reputation. It will be interesting to see what ends up happening to the car. Of course, this is just MHO.
Dean

Juiced-03

Established Member
Termin8r27 said:
Guys, first off the Pony emblem/airbag cover is normal. Looks exactly like mine and mine has never been wrecked and the airbag has never been deployed. Came from the factory with the Pony Airbag cover.

2nd that dealership is pretty well-known with the Corvette Crews to be honest and forthcoming. IF indeed the car has been wrecked, they are not knowingly trying to rip someone off.

My .02

That is NOT normal.

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
Termin8r27 said:

My .02

:bs: all the 03-04 Ive seen say "cobra" on the airbag.

Black'03GT

Established Member
10/12/2004 Ohio
Police Report
Case #20048276037 Accident Reported
in Franklin County
Involving a left front impact
with another motor vehicle
Moderate damage reported
Airbag deployed

1 bad bullitt

Do'in it in the dirt
Established Member
Vandenberg Air Force Base, California, United Stat
VERTIBLEMENACE said:
how do you figure that since ford used the same color on cobra, mach and gt for 2004. may vary according to the light :shrug:

you are right tho its not for everyone - hence the low production. but it def screams musclecar! :rockon:

Yeah, I know it's the same color, the black on the mach 1 just seems to set the orange off a little better, think back to the 60's and 70's there were not many all orange muscle cars, most had some black to accent the orange.

But you have to admit, I am right about it being the wrong shade of orange, it is not a bright as a true "Competition Orange" But it rally does not add to the value of the car just because they made fewer of them, that would be like saying a 03 with the parchment interior is worth more.

1 bad bullitt

Do'in it in the dirt
Established Member
Vandenberg Air Force Base, California, United Stat
Termin8r27 said:

My .02

Probably a production error, it is not uncommon for special production mustangs to have regular issue parts on them, when I had my bullit there was a guy that got two differnt a pillar panels, one from a gt and one from a bullitt. There were some Mach 1's that got screwed up as well, tales of black mach 1's with no side stripes were common. There was even one bullitt that had a gt rear seat in it, WTF!

So a GT air bag making it to a cobra steering wheel would not surprise me.

Termin8r27

Established Member
Juiced-03 said:
That is NOT normal.

Sorry guys, I'm a dork...it does say cobra on the airbag...I don't know what I was thinking.

I do stand by the 2nd part though...weird that they would be selling it without checking into it. They are a well-known dealership.

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
Termin8r27 said:
Sorry guys, I'm a dork...it does say cobra on the airbag...I don't know what I was thinking.

I do stand by the 2nd part though...weird that they would be selling it without checking into it. They are a well-known dealership.

Yeah, they are known for 'vettes for sure, it's "corvette country" out there. They also have a car show every year I think. The owner of the dealership has one hell of a personal collection.

Still can't figure out why they raised the price since I posted this thread. It was about 3-4K cheaper then.

On the steering wheel cover, any cobra I've looked at says cobra there. I figured you had a factory mistake. It happens like posted before.

fstornge_04

Keep It Simple Stupid
Established Member
MarcInHawaii said:
Sorry I have to disagree with you. Even before I owned one, I liked this color. And people RUSH out to buy them. They usually sell very quick unless people are asking way too much money for them. Every time I go out, people rush to ask me where I got it painted not knowing it was a stock color.

Oh well...to each his own.

I fully agree Marc, I get compliments everywhere I go...even when I only had a comp orange GT I still received neck breakers!!
Gotta love the Orange...IMHO

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
1 bad bullitt said:
But it rally does not add to the value of the car just because they made fewer of them, that would be like saying a 03 with the parchment interior is worth more.

you are right any specific color does not add to the general value of any given car, it can only increase the car's value treflective of a particular potential buyer's individual taste. while i think that maybe less than 20% of the general public would want an orange car, i would think a much higher percentage of automobile enthusiasts would want one. only car guys that i know really can appreciate the color; most of my friends, family and work aquaintances were like wtf??? why did you buy that? it is ugly!

Big Top GT

Jackstand Racer
Established Member
NMRARACER said:
I have a friend who works for Carfax in Florida. he told me that Carfax is not the be all end all of car history. He said Carfax can only report, what has been reported, meaning if Billy Jo Jim Bob owns a body shop and is friends with Shady CobraOwner, Shady could have easily paid him in Pabst Blue Ribbon to do the repairs and Carfax is none the wiser. Good find fellas, just don't expect Carfax to be able to always catch everything.

Adam :)

Hey, is someone talking about me? :D

Good heads up on this one guys. The car was hit and the airbag was blown. I WISH it was a law for these dealership to HAVE to run a Carfax report but it's not. Unfortunately, some poor schmuck is going to get burnt on this car.

Here's the Carfax Vehicle History Report:

Print Report
Remove this vehicle from CARFAX Hot Listings

2004 FORD MUSTANG COBRA SVT
1FAFP48Y54F113278
COUPE
4.6L V8 EFI DOHC / REAR WHEEL DRIVE
Standard Equipment | Safety Options
CARFAX Vehicle History - At A Glance
• 4 billion vehicle history events checked from public and private sources
• Qualifies - CARFAX Buyback Guarantee
• One owner
• Last reported mileage - 12 miles
A CARFAX Vehicle History Report is based only on information supplied to CARFAX. Other information about this vehicle, including problems, may not have been reported to CARFAX. Use this report as one important tool, along with a vehicle inspection and test drive, to make a better decision about your next used car.

The number of owners is estimated by CARFAX
Year purchased 2004
Type of owner Personal
Estimated length of ownership
2 yrs. 1 mo.
Owned in the following states/provinces Ohio
Estimated miles driven per year ---
Last reported odometer reading 12

CARFAX guarantees the information in this section:

Salvage | Junk | Rebuilt
Guaranteed No Problem

Fire/ Flood | Hail Damage | Buyback | Lemon
Guaranteed No Problem

Not Actual Mileage | Exceeds Mechanical Limits
Guaranteed No Problem

GUARANTEED - None of these major title problems were reported by a state Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). If you find that any of these title problems were reported by a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back.
Register | View Terms

Not all accidents or other issues are reported to CARFAX
Frame Damage Check

No frame damage reported to CARFAX. No Issues Reported
Airbag Deployment Check

Airbag deployment reported on 10/12/2004. Airbag Deployment
Odometer Rollback Check

No indication of an odometer rollback.
No Issues Indicated
Accident Check

Accident reported on 10/12/2004. Accident Indicator
Manufacturer Recall Check

Available directly from Ford. A current list of recalls available at

www.ford.com.
No Recalls Reported

A CARFAX Vehicle History Report is based only on information supplied to CARFAX. CARFAX checked over 4 billion vehicle history events and found 6 record(s) for this 2004 FORD MUSTANG COBRA SVT (1FAFP48Y54F113278).

Purchased: 2004
Type: Personal
Where: Ohio
Est. miles/year: ---
Est. length owned: 3/18/04 - 5/6/06
(2 yrs. 1 mo.)

Date: Mileage: Source: Comments:
12/11/2003 NICB Vehicle manufactured and shipped to original
dealer

03/18/2004 Ohio
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Reynoldsburg, OH Registered as
personal vehicle

03/18/2004 12 Ohio
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Reynoldsburg, OH
Title #2300671833 Title issued or updated
First owner reported
Loan or lien reported

10/12/2004 Ohio
Police Report
Case #20048276037 Accident Reported
in Franklin County
Involving a left front impact
with another motor vehicle
Moderate damage reported
Airbag deployed

CARFAX Airbag Tips

05/06/2006 Dealer Inventory
Canal Winchester, OH Vehicle offered for sale
Not Reported Dealer Inventory Vehicle offered for sale
Have Questions? Consumers, please visit our Help Center at www.carfax.com. Dealers or Subscribers, please visit our Help Center at www.carfaxonline.com.

Accident
CARFAX receives information on accidents in most states when an official police report is filed. Not all accidents are reported to the Police. The level of detail in the accident record varies by state depending on the state's accident report requirements. CARFAX recommends you obtain a vehicle inspection from your dealer or an independent mechanic for any car involved in an accident.

According to the National Safety Council, Injury Facts, 2003 edition, 12% of the 243 million registered vehicles in the U.S. were involved in an accident in 2002. Over 90% of these were considered minor or moderate.
CARFAX depends on public and private sources for its accident data. Each one of these sources has different processing times. CARFAX can only report what is in our database on 21.May.2006 18:33:52. New data will result in a change to this report.

Ohio Police Reports:

Provide an estimate of the extent of damage in its accident reports for the following:
SEVERE: The vehicle cannot be driven from the accident scene due to severe damage or an injury. This level of damage often results in a Salvage or Junk title.

MODERATE: The accident damage affects the operation of the vehicle and/or its parts. Examples include broken windows, trunk lids, doors, bumpers and tires.

MINOR: The accident damage does not affect the operation of the vehicle. Examples include dented bumpers, fenders, grills and body panels. This level of accident should not compromise vehicle safety.

NO DAMAGE: The vehicle was not damaged.

Are required if the estimated damage exceeds $400
Are released to CARFAX approximately 3 months after the accident date

Airbag Deployment
Occurs when the driver, passenger or side airbag has been used or deployed during a crash or other incident. If an airbag has been deployed, new or recycled airbags must be installed for the airbag system to return to operation. Use CARFAX Airbag Tips to make sure this vehicle's airbag system is functional.

First Owner
When the first owner(s) obtains a title from a Department of Motor Vehicles as proof of ownership.

Ownership History
CARFAX defines an owner as an individual or business that possesses and uses a vehicle. Not all title transactions represent changes in ownership. To provide estimated number of owners, CARFAX proprietary technology analyzes all the events in a vehicle history. Estimated ownership is available for vehicles manufactured after 1994 and titled solely in the US including Puerto Rico. Dealers sometimes opt to take ownership of a vehicle and are required to in the following states: Maine, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Ohio, Oklahoma and South Dakota. Please consider this as you review a vehicle's estimated ownership history.

Title Issued
A state issues a title to provide a vehicle owner with proof of ownership. Each title has a unique number. Each title or registration record on a CARFAX report does not necessarily indicate a change in ownership. In Canada, a registration and bill of sale are used as proof of ownership.

CARFAX DEPENDS ON ITS SOURCES FOR THE ACCURACY AND RELIABILITY OF ITS INFORMATION. THEREFORE, NO RESPONSIBILITY IS ASSUMED BY CARFAX OR ITS AGENTS FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THIS REPORT. CARFAX FURTHER EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CARFAX®
© 2006 CARFAX, Inc., an R.L. Polk & Co. company. All rights reserved. Patents pending. 21.May.2006 18:33:52

Hope this helps:
Alan

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
fstornge_04 said:
I fully agree Marc, I get compliments everywhere I go...even when I only had a comp orange GT I still received neck breakers!!
Gotta love the Orange...IMHO

people were looking becuase they think it's hideos!!! (Spelling)

JK

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
2001BlackSVT said:
i believe it's a federal law that a carfax has to be performed and available for the customer at any time in order for a dealership to sell a used car

You sure about that sparky? Don't think the US Gov't is going to basically endorse any public product or service...kinda unfair to others in private business.

Big Top GT

Jackstand Racer
Established Member
The've been talking about putting together their own national database for a while now.

I do know in the state of California a law was just passed that basically says if there's a reasonable way for a dealership to know of a major problem (accident, salvage, frame damage, etc...) they HAVE to seek out that information.

We're hoping more states adopt this standard. (They all should, really, since it's 100% consumer protection.)

Users who are viewing this thread