Heads

The Joker

Johnny Rev Customs
Established Member
a friend of mine has started a project on his mustang. i'm not real sure on the year of the motor (302), but it is EFI. his question is, is it worth it to buy trick flow, AFR, etc. or would some GT-40 heads be just as good. he is on tight budget and was looking to make some good power with a heads, intake, and cam combo, along with maybe just minor UPR upgrades to the suspension. he plans to put some nitrous on later and possibly stroke it to a 347 or 331, but for now this is all he can afford. any help would be great. thanks.

stellar591

BlackChrome Saleens FTMFW
Established Member
I haven't played with much pushrod power since I got into the modular crowd but my vote would be for the Trick Flow/AFR variety. Better to do it right the first time and not have to do it again.

The Joker

Johnny Rev Customs
Established Member
sounds good. he was kinda wanting to get it done quick, but his money issue is the problem. he can get some good aluminum GT-40 heads, but said he can wait and get some trick flow or AFR if needed. just wondering if it made that big of a difference.

stellar591

BlackChrome Saleens FTMFW
Established Member
The Joker said:
sounds good. he was kinda wanting to get it done quick,

When doing any kind of modding to your car, patience is a good thing. Don't let him get into a hurry or things will go terribly wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread