Hearing two stories from VOPC - help.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
how are you guys getting infromation from VOPC.. I've called them a couple times, and they said since I wasn't a dealer, they couldnt' give me ANY information.. :cuss: :cuss: :fm:

lugnut

Established Member
VOPC Social Engineering

How do you get VOPC to provide info?

Some would call it "lying"...

I side with Spock and prefer to regard it as an "exagerration".

:p

JB

Mowgli

Established Member
lol.

Go to your dealership, look at a window sticker, write down the "dealer code" at the bottom of the sticker.

Then when you call vopc, tell em you're a dealer and give em your code.

byevette

Momento Mori
Established Member
What is the number for VOPC? I am now getting the run-around from my dealer as well...scheduled for July 8th, now I am told August 12th. Let me know.

lugnut

Established Member
Blue2003Cobra,
Do you have a copy of your DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement)? You can also use that if you need to get your information together before calling VOPC. Everything you need is on that report. The dealer code should be listed next to the name of the dealer - use only the numbers and ignore the letter in the middle. You will also need the order number from the DORA if you do not already have a VIN (sorry, I forgot if you mentioned it in your sig).

You'll then need to pull some "social engineering" - basically say YES when they ask you if your are from the dealership. Also be advised they have Caller ID and keep track of calls. I got busted once when I forgot what last name I was using and the Customer Rep. filled me in.

I was like, "Yes, this is John... uh... uh... uh..."

"John (censored last name)?" The service representative asked.

"Uh, yea! How did you know that?" I asked totally amazed by this guys apparent eerie capabilies of precognition..

"We have Caller ID, sir." He answered.

So, use it at your discretion and keep your story straight!

There are other threads mentioning how VOPC may be cracking down on calls from customers. I, myself, have had the customer rep. mention to me hat they were receiving alot of calls from unauthorized persons.

Sometimes it really pays to work for a dealer - or at least pretend to be one over the phone. ;-)

It kinda irks me that this is an issue with them. If my dealer would take three minutes out of his week to check my order status I wouldn't feel obligated to pursue these unscrupulous means. I mean really, the average dealer has how many Cobras on order at a time? Four or Five? Geez, that would take a whopping 15 minutes to get a good status on all those orders.

As far as the phone number...? I would rather link to a web page instead of posting it. I'm not sure what stink posting it in the forum would stir up. Sorry.

Vehicle Order Processing Center

and this is another good link:

Vehicle Order Proccessing Center #2

Good luck,
JB

Users who are viewing this thread