Heartthrob cat-to-axle anyone??

nocobrafornow

Established Member
from what i understand this bolts up to the factory converters but you can buy the cat delete pieces from them. 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L 3" off-road down pipes
they call the downpipes on the website. i didn't see a price but i think i heard somewhere that it was around 150.00. from what i saw on the site they bolt up to the stock h-pipe or the piece you are looking at.

grnenvy

Established Member
I have had the complete Heartthrob exhaust on my car and wouldn't recommand it. There straight through muffler desigh is great for pwr but it Resonated me to death. I had to get rid of there axle back and I went with a Magnaflow axle back. I'm still running there H pipe with factory cats. I would do there H pipe with either Magnaflow axle back or the Shelby axle back.

Last edited:

scotmach

Established Member
I have their cat to axle back with the Roush axle back. Let's just say they're not going to win any awards for best fit kit.

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
I have had the complete Heartthrob exhaust on my car and wouldn't recommand it. There straight through muffler desigh is great for pwr but it Resonated me to death. I had to get rid of there axle back and I went with a Magnaflow axle back. I'm still running there H pipe with factory cats. I would do there H pipe with either Magnaflow axle back or the Shelby axle back.

Definitely not changing my axle backs. Love the sound and quality of the ones I am currently running. If you look at the link im not looking a the resonated kit. How is the fitment of the cat to axle kit?

cobra1718

Established Member
+1 on fitment. I liked the sound with my Roush but the over axle pipes was a tight fit and actually hit the body from time to time. My opinion go with another catback with better fitment.

92hatchlx

Established Member
Don't waste your time on changing the pipes over the axle. You won't gain any pwr.

Heartthrob sells the entire kit, from header back to your axle backs. Is there just an h-pipe, either off road or catted, that will work without a complete 3" cat-back?

92hatchlx

Established Member
Lethal offers a 3" o/r x & h. just replaces from the cat back to the manifolds.

I was looking at that one as a matter of fact. Looks like a nice piece. It will just bolt up to the stock mid-pipes? If so, I will probably end up getting this instead of the heartthrob kit.

nocobrafornow

Established Member
i don't know personally about the h-pipe but i did have thier x-pipe and i fit great and sounded great with the factory everything else. and yes it replaces the factory cats and h-pipe.

Users who are viewing this thread