Heat Exchanger installed - HP/Boost loss ???

RBB

Established Member
Not sure. The belt has never slipped prior. Would be kinda wierd starts slipping same day I mod something unrelated.. to go along with the problem I stated before when I did go wot, it would immediately peak around 14-15psi then dip down to and stay around 12lbs. When prior it would just stay pegged at 15lbs..

Also not sure if related. But my exhaust smells like roses. Sweet roses.. I started using torco again. I've used in past and don't remember it making exhaust smell sweet. No smoke or excess dark exhaust fumes. Any ideas?
A sweet smell from the exhaust would indicate you're burning coolant. Any white smoke to go along with that smell?

thebuffalo11

Established Member
No white smoke at all. Maybe I'll stop running torco and see if that changes the smell. I only noticed the smell as recently as the last gas fill up. What could cause it to burn coolant?

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member

You don't need a tune for the heat exchanger, but you do if you changed the thermostat.

I need a new tune then! I have a tune from you guys. How much do you charge for a revision? 170* thermostat.

OP, your coolant shouldn't be "swirling like a cyclone." If it is, your coolant is probably low and you have an air pocket in the system. It should just be a constant, strong flow of coolant. Jack up the front driver's side of your car, start the engine, be careful of the radiator fan and squeeze the hose going into the pump to burp the system. Top off your reservoir, too, while you're at it.

99SSls1

Established Member
I would do as suggested and double check all the air is out. Stock boost gauge is accurate with you changed nothing else. Not that your making 15 psi but that it will change if something else changes.

Is there a air leak somewhere? Air filter not on all the way? Dumped coolant all over the pullies messing up the belt? A lot of easy cheap checks and measures to do. I wouldn't just assume it's the he b/c you were in and around a lot stuff.

nxhappy

Established Member
water/coolant on belt after HE = belt slip = boost loss

sounds plausible

Users who are viewing this thread