Heat Exchanger Prep

usafimj

Established Member
So I ordered the VMP Triple Pass H/E & 3x Intercooler tank, and updated tune a few weeks back. I also have 3 gallons of coolant available. What other items should I have to make the swap go smoothly.

RBB

Established Member
You also might want to have some extra heater hose, worm clamps, and a couple of 90* fittings. I didn't have enough hose in my kit and the 90* fittings were nice to have....there are a couple spots where I used them to minimize any potential kinking.

A dremel will come in handy as well. A small portion of the inside of the front bumper needs to be cut out to clear the HE outlet.

usafimj

Established Member
You also might want to have some extra heater hose, worm clamps, and a couple of 90* fittings. I didn't have enough hose in my kit and the 90* fittings were nice to have....there are a couple spots where I used them to minimize any potential kinking.

A dremel will come in handy as well. A small portion of the inside of the front bumper needs to be cut out to clear the HE outlet.

How much extra hose should I have? The 90* fittings isn't a bad idea.

KRS

Established Member
I used unicoils when I installed mine to make the bends in the hose and then covered the unicoil with factory sheathing for a clean install. This made for a really clean installation with less restrictions.

Attachments

• IMG_5302.JPG
    IMG_5302.JPG
    125.2 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_5309.JPG
    IMG_5309.JPG
    120.4 KB · Views: 72

mavisky

Established Member
Mine went on super easy. Distilled water on hand and water wetter since my car is never out in freezing weather. With the VMP kit you'll relocate the pump anyway so no need for the unicoil or anything.

You can just see the pump poking out under the driver's headlight.

20170519_071028_zpsmynjm22f.gif

Users who are viewing this thread