Heat Exchanger problem

Anybody have a problem with the hose that goes on the right side of the H/E? It's a really short 90 degree hose. It was damn impossible to put it on. I used WD-40 to extend it a bit from the long hose behind the H/E and it was still short. When I put it on the new H/E it came off of the silver hose behind the H/E. I ended up getting it back on by pushing the passenger side of the hose and then I quickly clamped the hose onto the new H/E but it's BARELY ON. I am afraid this might fall off when I'm going at high speeds. How can I tell if it does come off and does anybody know how I can have peace at mind with this hose? What part # do I buy for a longer hose as I called shops here and they had no idea what I was talking about and kept giving me bullshit like "Get it straight from the dealer" I kept telling them I do not need the stock part, I need a longer part. Oh well, maybe someone on here can give me some help. Thanks.

DCP_4829.gif

Last edited:

Woodsrat

Established Member
This sounds like the same question that has been asked several times before, generally relating to installation of an LFP heat exchanger. The coolant pipes that sit behind the heat exchanger are held in a loop in the center of the car behind the heat exchanger. You can just pull the pipes in or out through this loop to adjust their position. If the loop is tight you may have to loosen it or spray some WD-40 first. Then the hoses will line up with the heat exchanger inlet and outlet, and the hoses will go on straight.

I already put my front bumper on and everything as the hose is attached how it is. Will I be alright? I don't have peace at mind with this because I am afraid when I drag race or go at high speeds the hose will fall off. Does anybody have a part # for the 90 degree hose that's longer? I called up local automotive places and they have no idea what the **** I am talking about and they say "Get it straight from the dealer" but I keep trying to explain that I don't want a stock part I want a longer part. Oh well. Does it look like a problem, won't the rubber sort of glue to the H/E hose in a couple of days??? Here's more pictures:
HEhose2.gif

This shows how big the H/E end is
HEHose1.gif

This is a shot of below of the hose on. Will it fall off??

sb03cobra

Established Member
Woodsrat said:
This sounds like the same question that has been asked several times before, generally relating to installation of an LFP heat exchanger. The coolant pipes that sit behind the heat exchanger are held in a loop in the center of the car behind the heat exchanger. You can just pull the pipes in or out through this loop to adjust their position. If the loop is tight you may have to loosen it or spray some WD-40 first. Then the hoses will line up with the heat exchanger inlet and outlet, and the hoses will go on straight.

:thumbsup: Do What Woodsrat suggested and you will have enough slack to install the hose correctly. If this is an LFP HE, it's in the directions. :uh oh:

Users who are viewing this thread