heat exchanger question

when installing the heat exchanger, do I have to completely drain the fluid in the Intercooler Reservoir and remove it? I was looking at the instructions and apparently the fluid automatically drains when you remove the hose on the heat exchanger. Also when you install the new h/e on it says "Refill the intercooler" does this mean you have to remove the hose on the upper hose of the intercooler reservoir and use a funnel to pour antifreeze in until it fills up is this correct? or just refill the reservoir with antifreeze?

JMD0346

Established Member
Just refill the reservoir. After you fill it jump the I/C pump and let it run for a few seconds. Then refill the reservoir. Do this untill it is completely full. I also bupred mine by mashing the bottom hose on the reservoir several times. This will help get all the air out.

mlambrecht

Established Member
When I did a heat exchanger swap I couldn't get the system to bleed all the air out so the motor would pump, So I took off the hose that lead into the intercooler reservoir and covered the IC reservoir nipple with my hand while blowing into the ic reservoir with my mouth, that primed it real quick.

Users who are viewing this thread