Heat Extractor Hoods..

03cobra5485

Established Member
Do they make a heat extractor hood for our cars? I know that they Cirvinis makes one, but it doesn't look anything like the ones on the 03 cobras..

jumperjack

Established Member
I really couldn't find one when I was looking but I needed a bit more clearance under the hood so I got the 2K cobra r and had the the guy who painted my car do these cutouts. Drawbacks are no rain and careful when washing the car.
076.jpg

010-2.jpg

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I believe H.O. Fibertrnds sells a 2KR hood that has a piece that is removable, which uncovers the slots.

mellor_21

Established Member
cervini's looks a lot like the termi, but it flows better with the curves on your car :) im getting a 2kr for mine :) is h.o. fibertrends a good company to buy hoods from? i've heard cervini's are pretty good quality

edit: are you talking about the saleen extreme or the one that's kinda like a termi but curved on the outsides? i've been lookin everywhere for an extreme

Last edited:

96 chris

Established Member
cervini's looks a lot like the termi, but it flows better with the curves on your car :) im getting a 2kr for mine :) is h.o. fibertrends a good company to buy hoods from? i've heard cervini's are pretty good quality

edit: are you talking about the saleen extreme or the one that's kinda like a termi but curved on the outsides? i've been lookin everywhere for an extreme

I've only heard good things about H.O. Fibertrends as well as Cervinis. I think they are 2 of the top quality companies out there.

03cobra5485

Established Member
cervinis is about 30 minutes down the road in jersey, there products are all good, fit great, but they don't use 100 percent Urethane, i don't know what it is, but it takes alotta time to prep their parts..I like the termi hoods, i'm not sure what the extreme looks like..

jumperjack

Established Member
Might be a dumb question...Why no driving in the rain?
I am kind of anal about the way the engine and engine bay look some of the water runs in the vents, But the biggest reason is driving with the MT drag radials in the rain is an invitation for disaster.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
is h.o. fibertrends a good company to buy hoods from? i've heard cervini's are pretty good quality

H.O. Fibertrends made the original 95R and 00R hoods for Ford. Yes, they are top notch quality.
The Kaenan/Saleen hood is a replica of the sn95 style Saleen hood. There were no Saleen Extreme's for the SN95 style.

Users who are viewing this thread