Heat Sensative paint.

3367stang

Established Member
http://www.alsacorp.com/products/xposurepaint/xposurepaint_prodinfo.htm
insane.jpg

StangVixen

Established Member
:shrug: hmmm I'm not really sure I like it. It just seems like it doesnt distribute itself evenly (the color) But that is just my Opinion.
Vixen

3367stang

Established Member
well you would get more color where there was more heat, like the front clip and probably the rear bumper.

I think i would have to see it in person.

Erick

Established Member
Personally, I'm not a big fan of color changing paint. Every time I see a Mystic, Mystichrome, or BASF car, all I see is purple and a little green! I don't know I guess I'm a little conseravtive!

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
So it is basically like the paint from the old matchbox cars were when they changed color in different temps; pretty cool. I was actually always wondering when they would use it on a real car.

Last edited:

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Originally posted by WireEater
So it is basically like the paint from the old matchbox cars were when they changed color in different temps; pretty cool. I was actually always wondering when they would use it on a real car.

:lol: :lol:

My definition of "Old Matchbox Cars" are Panteras and Lamborghini's :burnout:

mb08detomaso.jpg

nbcounmb.jpg

StangVixen

Established Member
It may look ok on a bike or something but I wouldn't put it on my car. there is so many color change paints now that its not cool anymore. It just looks funky to me IMO.
Vixen

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Originally posted by PlatinumCobra
:lol: :lol:

My definition of "Old Matchbox Cars" are Panteras and Lamborghini's :burnout:

mb08detomaso.jpg

nbcounmb.jpg

I forgot you are an old man. :p

Let me rephrase, the matchbox cars from my area. The mid to late 80's.:D

Man, those hyper color shirts pissed me off. Everyone thought they were so cool and wanted one. I thought they were gay as shit. Looked like something Siegfried and Roy would wear.

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
Originally posted by Vanride69
reminds me of a mood ring.

We have a winner! It is a liquid crystal coating, and I will wager to guess it will be the newest rage in paint soon. This is a true Cameleon paint, as it will change color actively. What I mean by that is that it will be solid black in cold places, but start to drive down the street and the front will turn blue...then green. Start to drive really fast and it will then turn yellow, red and eventually purplish or bright red. What makes it so different is that if you touch your hand to the side, it will leave a perfect multi colored hand print on the car, same with exhaust. once the exhaust has heated up it will be a brighter color near it same with the wheels and so on. Cool stuff, but I will imagine it will be very easy to scratch as it is necessary for it to be very thick.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
I forgot you are an old man. :p

Let me rephrase, the matchbox cars from my area. The mid to late 80's.:D

Man, those hyper color shirts pissed me off. Everyone thought they were so cool and wanted one. I thought they were gay as shit. Looked like something Siegfried and Roy would wear.

Hey I remember those. Weren't they available in "Cabbage Patch" size also?? :lol: :lol:

Vanride69

west bound and down
Established Member
Originally posted by Whitten
We have a winner! It is a liquid crystal coating, and I will wager to guess it will be the newest rage in paint soon. This is a true Cameleon paint, as it will change color actively. What I mean by that is that it will be solid black in cold places, but start to drive down the street and the front will turn blue...then green. Start to drive really fast and it will then turn yellow, red and eventually purplish or bright red. What makes it so different is that if you touch your hand to the side, it will leave a perfect multi colored hand print on the car, same with exhaust. once the exhaust has heated up it will be a brighter color near it same with the wheels and so on. Cool stuff, but I will imagine it will be very easy to scratch as it is necessary for it to be very thick.

so what do i win?;-)

Vanride69

west bound and down
Established Member
Let me rephrase, the matchbox cars from my area. The mid to late 80's.

u mean ERA? i hope u dont mean area, that would make no sense.....;-) :beer:

JoeNashville

Ghostrider
Established Member
That would be weird on a crotch rocket.

One of my favorite things is to fart while riding. Nobody knows, it could be totally rank and it dissipates before your passenger even smells it.

With that color change paint, it would be OBVIOUS. I'd have a gigantic purple streak right through my crotch.

Looks cool on paper but probably stinks in practice.

Sorry for the pun, chappie! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread