Heated O2 and O2 showing incomplete.

Katy TX5.0

Established Member
Recently uploaded my emissions tune and the two O2 readiness status indicators are showing incomplete. Does this mean they're turned off or just need miles?

50blackout

Established Member
Just need miles. Ford drive cycles are need certain requirements, IE gas has to be 1/2tank-full tank, car has to be driven at certain speeds for a certain amount of time, etc.

Road trip time :)

50blackout

Established Member
Just need miles. Ford drive cycles need certain requirements, IE gas has to be 1/2tank-full tank, car has to be driven at certain speeds for a certain amount of time, etc.

Road trip time :)

Katy TX5.0

Established Member
On a positive note, the Torque app is saving me from having to risk failing on my retest.

I guess if they were off it'd show not ready for just the rear heated since those or normally turned off with LT's.

Rct851

Established Member
Did a 2hr drive through the country today for the same thing. Went through all kinds of different driving types then did some "stress testing" hopefully I pass tomorrow

Katy TX5.0

Established Member
They're complete now. Shaun from AED helped me out by giving me a doc that breaks down the exact conditions that must be met for the O2's to show ready. You have to warm up the car, followed by a series of deceleration events. I drove in 4th gear at about 40 mph and let the rpm fall from 1,700 to just above 1,500 repeatedly. You have to do this exercise between 1 and 2k only.

AKDMB

Established Member
They're complete now. Shaun from AED helped me out by giving me a doc that breaks down the exact conditions that must be met for the O2's to show ready. You have to warm up the car, followed by a series of deceleration events. I drove in 4th gear at about 40 mph and let the rpm fall from 1,700 to just above 1,500 repeatedly. You have to do this exercise between 1 and 2k only.

Would you mind sharing the drive cycle procedure?

Katy TX5.0

Established Member
It took a little over 200 miles for my car. Make sure to do the small deceleration steps I discussed earlier.

Users who are viewing this thread