Heater core hoses

2001cobravert

Established Member
On my way home from the American muscle car show this weekend my heater core hose started leaking. After a quick search I see its not uncommon on 99/01's. Where did you guys/gals get replacement hoses from? I really just need the one that runs from the heater core to the passenger side cylinder head but I'll buy both of they come as a kit. After a few calls to the local dealerships I found out they're discontinued and near impossible to track down.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Owen1c

Established Member
I had the same problem in January. I found the part on E-bay. I don't remember which vendor. The hose part number was KH144, I think it was around $50. Its a bit of a pain to change. I bought a pair of long nose pliers to remove the spring clamps. You will most likely find a stud sticking out of the fire wall rubbing on the hose causing your leak. I shortened the stud with a hack saw blade and then put a small piece of rubber tubing over the stud. good luck.

Last edited:

2001cobravert

Established Member
Thanks. I ended up getting both heater core hoses from Napa and using regular clamps on them. I too cut a piece of the stud off. That is no doubt what caused my leak.

Users who are viewing this thread