Heavier whipple boost actuator spring?

baja5bss

Established Member
Alright,I guess being un-employed has 1 benefit,I can get all the stuff done around that house that I have been needing to do and on the L. Anyway during this past summer I had problems fighting the heat on my 2.3 whipple.After a normal cruise the case would be stupid hot,mind you that not once would I get "throttle happy". But with a 6lb lower and a 3.375 upper or 3" upper it would build boost with little throttle input.

Cruise control set at 65mph the truck would have a steady 15ish vaccum,but with the slightest hill or going into the throttle just enough to merge into another lane,would want to build boost. Which has me thinking,boost builds heat,if I can keep the blower from building boost under normal driving then the only time it should get hot would be when under heavy throttle? or am I wrong for thinking this?

The truck has a brand new boost actuator(from whipple) and the old one had a leak in it,so being the person I am I decided to take the spring out of the old actuator and see if I could match it up with another spring,except with more resistance.I remember reading a post about a kenne bell owner buying a LIGHTER spring for his actuator because the actuator on their blowers were more of a on/off switch,but for the life of me I cant find that post to see where he purchased that spring,or how he sealed the boost actuator back up.

Anyone have any ideas where to buy compression springs that are 2 1/8in long with a 1in id, 1 1/8 od?Thanks and I apologise for the long post.

Users who are viewing this thread