Heavier whipple boost actuator spring?

baja5bss

Established Member
During this past summer I had problems fighting the heat on my 2.3 whipple.After a normal cruise the case would be stupid hot,mind you that not once would I get "throttle happy". But with a 6lb lower and a 3.375 upper or 3" upper it would build boost with little throttle input.

Cruise control set at 65mph the truck would have a steady 15ish vaccum,but with the slightest hill or going into the throttle just enough to merge into another lane,would want to build boost. Which has me thinking,boost builds heat,if I can keep the blower from building boost under normal driving then the only time it should get hot would be when under heavy throttle? or am I wrong for thinking this?

The truck has a brand new boost actuator(from whipple) and the old one had a leak in it,so being the person I am I decided to take the spring out of the old actuator and see if I could match it up with another spring,except with more resistance.I remember reading a post about a kenne bell owner buying a LIGHTER spring for his actuator because the actuator on their blowers were more of a on/off switch,but for the life of me I cant find that post to see where he purchased that spring,or how he sealed the boost actuator back up.

Anyone have any ideas where to buy compression springs that are 2 1/8in long with a 1in id, 1 1/8 od?Thanks and I apologise for the long post.

coposrv

Established Member
Try mcmaster Carr. They have all kinds of stuff, if whatever you're looking for isn't on their website/catalog call them up. It's worked for me on a few occasions.

03kevo

Established Member
Under light accel or cruising, the blower will be hot because the amount of air flowing through is not enough to create cooler AIT2 especially with the cruise control on.

Users who are viewing this thread