Heavy road grime removal...

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
1st douse it and let it dwell with some APC. Wash.
2nd douche it with a dedicated tar remover. Let it dwell. Use a MF towel to remove any heavy spots. Wash.
3rd iron remover. Wash.
Clay.
Wash.

I know your water bill will be nuts, but this should get you where you need to be.

And as always follow the directions on the products, especially the iron remover.

After that if there is any staining or anything you may have to polish.

Keep us posted, and good luck!
Thanks for the suggestions, everything came out. The Tarminator seemed to make the biggest impact and man does that shit work fast lol. It melted tar spots dam near instantly, great stuff and I will be keeping a can handy from here on out.

Still need to wax, was planning on using Collonite 845 as usual but after all this work now I am not so sure. You got any suggestion outside of a ceramic coat for something that will standup better to road grime. This is the absolute first time 845 has let me down in the slightest but to be honest Im not sure if anything else could have done any better.

20240312_133534.jpg

Last edited:

TORQUERULES

Established Member
1st douse it and let it dwell with some APC. Wash.
2nd douche it with a dedicated tar remover. Let it dwell. Use a MF towel to remove any heavy spots. Wash.
3rd iron remover. Wash.
Clay.
Wash.

I know your water bill will be nuts, but this should get you where you need to be.

And as always follow the directions on the products, especially the iron remover.

After that if there is any staining or anything you may have to polish.

Keep us posted, and good luck!
Educate me on the iron remover. I have never used it.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Iron remover is another step in paint decontamination, this was the first time I did it myself in all my years. A bit of iron dust (fallout) floating around lands and embeds in your paint and then proceeds to rust and make an orange speck in your paint. Since my wifes car is white it was super duper (even from high orbit) noticeable so it had to be done. The iron remover start to dissolve and lift the speck of rusty iron off the paint, its very similar to the tar remover but the iron spots will streak purple instead of brown like the tar remover does.

I used Nanoskin Iron Free, bought a gallon and used about 32ozs for the lower half (door handle down) of my wifes G70. Didnt need it on the front or rear, just the sides.

P.S.
Just throw your Tarminator towel away, my entire load of MF towels and washer smell like solvent now.

Last edited:

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
845 is good stuff! I don't know what else to recommend for you other than a ceramic coating. You could look into the 'light' ceramic coatings, like GYEON cancoat or similar.

Good explanation on the iron/ferrous remover.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Forgot how much this paint glows in the sun when clean, been a long salty grime filled winter, didnt touch the rims nor calipers.

20240313_121951.jpg

20240313_121956.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread