Hellion' new "Hellraiser" Twin Turbo system ????

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
One of the guys in our local Mustang club has had this system ordered since back in December, but it's still on backorder. He will be adding the twin turbos to his 04 Cobra and they will feed the KB 2.2 currently installed on the car. :rockon:

AaronK

Established Member
If you are planning to use the twins with the supercharger then I would say no. From what I've heard (and it makes perfect since) the supercharger limits the turbos on the high end. The power that they made from the twin-turbo+supercharged setup was just as much if not less then just turbos alone. If you are doing just the twin turbos by themselves then that would be an awesome setup :rockon:

Willduhhbeast

Established Member
Either way would be an awesome setup. As far as prestige goes, a compound boost setup is an attractive thing. Granted, the eaton is definitely going to be the binding point, but put through a more efficient supercharger would be amazing.

If you've got money like that to throw around, go for it. The looks alone would be with the coin, IMO

Oborroto

Established Member
Cluster f*** is a bad idea. Pick either the twin turbos or a blower. Otherwise you get the problems with both

Bullitt357

Established Member
One of the guys in our local Mustang club has had this system ordered since back in December, but it's still on backorder. He will be adding the twin turbos to his 04 Cobra and they will feed the KB 2.2 currently installed on the car. :rockon:

I think the guy you're referring to must be bragging about getting one since Hellion didn't even release them for sale until January. Their kits are on the shelves. I've never heard of a backordered Hellion kit.

Red Poison

Over it
Established Member
After finding out about this thing, I started saving up for it. I havent even gone pullied yet, but i figured "what the hell", if i'm gonna do it i might as well do it big and do it right the first time :rockon: I'm sure i'll pulley and tune long before this thing ($700 is easier to come up with than $7000) but down the line, thats the setup im going with - just turbo though.

GodStang

Established Member
From what I have seen this is going to be a REALLY bad idea. The compound boost is insane. The "demo" cars that are making decent numbers are putting like 40+psi through the intake manifold. People complained of head lifting at boost this high and you will need aftermarket head studs or you will not last long.

Just my 2 cents.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
A fella in the MACA is having one installed right now by TRBO VNM. Not going with the supercharger option at this point. Here's some pics as of 2 weeks ago. Should nearly be completed now.

DSC01049.gif

DSC01051.gif

DSC01050.gif

zeus201

Established Member
Des Moines guy just had his tuned by Bob Kurgan....put down somewhere in the 800's I believe.

TRBO VNM

that's BS. I just had 4 ordered and delivered to customers within 2-3 weeks after payment. your guy is just blowing smoke.

this is not a bad idea. it has been around since world war 2 or maybe earlier. it just isn't something you see common on everyday gasoline engine vehicles. I believe VW or Subaru just came out with a car that is twin charged.

if you are using it with the eaton or TS, you definitely need to have the motor setup for it to handle higher boost. the whole reason for the setup is to obtain the lower tq and hp. over the next few months there should be more information out with different combo's. I have a customer planning to test it out with a stock eaton, ported and a TS. So we shall see.

as dwight stated, I am installing one using just the twins and no sc on the sonic blue car and those pics were just of the test fit. it should be done next week. the kit is very nice. it goes together great and actually easier than the single kit.

TRBO VNM

Cluster f*** is a bad idea. Pick either the twin turbos or a blower. Otherwise you get the problems with both

please explain. this has been done on more than one car without issue using stock electronics or stand alone.

what problems are you talking about?

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
Either way, great idea by hellion, cuts down on the fab work, but if they could only lower the price.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
i am doing the Hellion Twin kit on mine, w/ a built shortblock too(no supercharger obviously). i have been planning it for some time now. seeing these pics gets me even more excited!

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
I think the guy you're referring to must be bragging about getting one since Hellion didn't even release them for sale until January. Their kits are on the shelves. I've never heard of a backordered Hellion kit.

I've known the guy for several years now and he's not the type to tell lies or stretch the truth. The reason it is backordered is because he's not going with the "standard" turbos. He's getting an upgraded setup (larger turbos with different bearings).

Last edited:

Bullitt357

Established Member
I've known the guy for several years now and he's not the type to tyll lies or stretch the truth. The reason it is backorder is because he's not going with the "standard" turbos. He's getting an upgraded setup (larger turbos with different bearings).

Hellion starting selling these kits in January (they unveiled it earlier at a tradeshow I believe) and just from checking out this site and Modular Fords I know a couple people have already taken delivery of their Hellion twin kit. Unless it's some top secret new prototype turbo they're waiting on I also call BS about it being on backorder.

Users who are viewing this thread