Hello from Iraq!!!

Fresh Cobra

505 RWHP Blvd Pimp
Established Member
Hello to one and all,

I've been gone now almost six weeks and all is going well live/working at Abu Ghraib Prison in Iraq. We still catch a few 60mm motars even now and again, but life is OK over here. Great work and even better people to work with. I'll be coming back last week in June for two weeks of R and R so hopefully there will be a cruise or a gathering for me to join. Take care and I'll drop a line again in a month or so to say hi.

~ Fresh :pepper: :banana: :beer:

Blk_C5_FRC

Established Member
Stay safe out there.... And watch out for the 135 rockets... They get the ground shaking pretty good. Sucks your there for a year, I only had to do 6 months (twice lol).

1BLWN 03

Established Member
just wanted to let you know that you are always in our thoughts and prayers, Doug...take care and come home safe...God bless

BALDSNAKE

Stop the Car Tax
Established Member
Thanx. You and your pals are indeed MEN amongst mere peeps. Looks like you guys have turned it around over there and democracy is breaking out all over that area.

GOOD JOB....come home safely.

Fresh Cobra

505 RWHP Blvd Pimp
Established Member
Thanks...

Thanks for the good words and thoughts. Life could be worse out here, hmmmmm it could be snowing...lol There are really great people to work with and my job as a Senior Intell Analyst keeps me busy each and every day. The weather is OUTSTANDING (so far high's of 86) but that will change in a month or less to highs of 100+ so no worries. My first month flew by so fast I had to recount my days because I thought I counted wrong...lol I'm scheduled to arrive back in SoCal on/about the 27th so if there is any planned meets or cruises...drop me a line here or to my email address: [email protected]

~ Fresh :beer:

Fresh Cobra

505 RWHP Blvd Pimp
Established Member
Wow!!!

M.R.

I'm doing just fine...we got attacked last night with massive Mortar fire (60mm, 80mm and 120mm), RPG and Small Arm fire. It was harry for about an hour straight and then it mellowed off a bit. It started around 6:45 and I finely hit the sack after 1am. The USMC Boys kept the Rag Heads out of the compound so all is well at Abu Ghraib Prison for now. I sure do miss the mello days crusing around SoCal though...lol

~ Fresh :banana: :pepper:

PS...Hats off the the USMC!!! :beer:

BALDSNAKE

Stop the Car Tax
Established Member
My generation thinks about you guys with love, admiration and the deepest respect and gratitude. Please let your buddies know that. I look at my grandkids and pray that they never have to fight the Jihad here on our soil or watch cities melt before their eyes from Kim Jock Mentally Il's N. Korean sickos. You men are seeing to that.....thanx.

N20 INJ

Established Member
Savages!!!

:burn: That's all I can say! Thank you for serving our country. I'll salute you with some tire smoke and about a 12'er... :beer: But honestly, thank the entire Core!

Blk_C5_FRC

Established Member
Fresh Cobra said:
PS...Hats off the the USMC!!! :beer:

:beer:

Don't worry, they love that shit...

120's and 135's sure do shake things pretty good don't they? Glad your ok... Stay safe out there.

Fresh Cobra

505 RWHP Blvd Pimp
Established Member
!!!

I thank the USMC daily for the job they have done keeping the zips out of the compound. They're the ones who sit in the towers putting their life on the line while I get to help interogate the detainees and try and sort out the total b/s they try to pass off as the truth. All in all Abu Ghraib is a good place to work and with all of the outstanding service members here the job gets accomplished daily!!! I've been here almost 2 months now and my year is flying by!!! Say your prayers for the men and women in the service - they are the ones who deserve the thanks and praise!!! I'm receintly retired USN so I chose to come here to work. The service members didn't have that choice!!!

~ Fresh :pepper: :banana:

Here's a :beer: to the men and women serving during Operation Iraqi Freedom!!! :rockon: :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread