Hello, Just a question

Dean98SVT

Hey folks im new to the forum. I have a 98.5 SVT that I just purchased 3 weeks ago for 5 grand. 70k Great condition. I have a quick question though, although I have yet to get it checked out, I have a knocking sound coming from the rear left wheel. It sounds more like a knocking from inside the car, but I was in a parking garage this past weekend and it sounds like metal knocking together. I'm sure when I take it in i will figure it out, but I just wanted to say hello and see if anyone else has experienced this. Thanks :rolling:

The BigSHO

Established Member
These guys are probably right about it being strut related.

Another possible candidate is the rear anti sway bar knocking. I had an after market larger one and no matter what bushing I used, it clunked/knocked.
Sounded like a rear end going out or wheel coming off.

I took off the bar and returned to stock. Problem went away.

Dean98SVT

Hey thanks guys. I got it checked out today, I had a loose caliper. Just tightened it and the noise went away. While on the lift I noticed that the parking brake cable that goes to the left brake is completely gone. Any idea how difficult or expensive this fix would be. I hear Ford has P- Brake cable for $60 a cable. Is this accurate? Thx for the help.

Users who are viewing this thread