HELP! 2013 tailight problem

5ohpowa

Established Member
Ok so im having another wonderful issue with this piece of shit. Intermittently the left side turn signals wouldnt work, wouldnt signal or sequence sometimes glash sometimes not. Sometimes it would work fine. So i get the car all cleaned up to go cruise and now the left taillight wount lite at all. No brake lights/sequences/running light at all from the left light except it lights when i hit the unlock button? This is my daily driver any suggestions before it goes to the dealer where they have no loaners for me. Im super o.c.d and the ideal of someone touching my car much less working on it freaks me out. I do my own work but im lost on this l.e.d light crap

5ohpowa

Established Member
Yea its going tomorrow morning. I took the rear interior trim and made sure it wasnt any loose wire. Unplugged and plugged it back in still the same

5ohpowa

Established Member
I havent checked that yet but if the relay was bad it wouldnt work at all correct?

kingnut

Established Member
Good luck i got money says if its the actual tail light that they dont have any there. So your probably gonna have to bring it back in again. None the less atleast it isnt engine, trans, or suspension related.

5ohpowa

Established Member
Lol its gona stay there til they fix it im noy sriving something im 100% going to get pulled over for. Its got some trans issues i had another post about all the issues ive had with this. But i wouldnt eveb try the trans game with ford, there just gona replace junk with junk. Im hoping to one day drop it out for the new tremec swap

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
Lol its gona stay there til they fix it im noy sriving something im 100% going to get pulled over for. Its got some trans issues i had another post about all the issues ive had with this. But i wouldnt eveb try the trans game with ford, there just gona replace junk with junk. Im hoping to one day drop it out for the new tremec swap

so go buy a camaro and stop whining

5ohpowa

Established Member
Nobodys whining ass clown ive owned 25 stangs and this one has cost the most and has the most issues. You'd be mad too so dont be a prick. Anyways i did a little diagnostic work and it seems to be a loose connection in the assembly itself. If you take it out and shake it while its plugged in it starts to work. Hope this helps if anyone else comes across this issue. Ill keep posted on what the dealer says tomorrow

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Lol "ass clown"...I understand your frustration, after dropping down the cash you don't expect these issues to come up. I've been fortunate with my stang had it about 9 months not a single issue even with all the mods I've done. Stick with it get the tranny fixed put all the frustration behind you, and enjoy your new beast!!!

5ohpowa

Established Member
They called today and the actual assembly is bad, ford ok-ed thr replacement so now we just wait the 3-4 days for the new one to come in. If only i could decide on wheels i could have then here by the time i get the car back :)

sb03cobra

Established Member
They called today and the actual assembly is bad, ford ok-ed thr replacement so now we just wait the 3-4 days for the new one to come in. If only i could decide on wheels i could have then here by the time i get the car back :)

I would have them take it off a new one they have on the lot. Would save you the extra days of waiting.:rolling:

5ohpowa

Established Member
I thought about that lol they only have 1 2013 on the lot right now so i doubt theyd do it

Users who are viewing this thread