HELP!98 Cobra Rough Idle,Stalling,Missing!

2K3SVT4ME

Established Member
Well Ive only owned my 98 Cobra a short while and it runs like a champ until this past weekend. Anyway the problem goes something like this.....Start the car and it idles great, bring the car up to normal operating temp pull the car out of the driveway and start driving. Dont really notice a problem at this point but a few blocks go by and Im kinda noticing a slight hickup in the way the car is driving like a mini miss or something.....come to the set of lights go to stop and the car is kinda idling a bit rough and i have to play with the throttle to keep it from dying then it finds its 800-900 spot and idles fine.....start down the road and come to the next set of lights and i clutch in, slow down, rpms come down to like 2-300 car is kinda fighting to stay running but stalls out......I turn the key starts up right away but idling a little rough so i decide to turn around and head back home before i get stuck calling a tow truck......paying real close attention now to the rest of the drive and am definately noticing a small miss or hesitation in the throttle, its very minor but its their....get the car back home and let it run in the driveway to see if i can figure out what it is, i definately notice a minor miss or hesitation in the idle but it seems so minor......ive read through the forums to figure out wher to start, IAC,IAT,MAF,all these terminoligies i dont really understand but it seems as if these are things to check and possibly clean before hitting a proffessional with the problem and costing $$$$$ just to tell you they dont know what it is.....can someone tell me where all these things are located and is it straight forward to disconnect and clean them? are their any cleaning solutions to use? like i said car was running great, i dont race it or over revv it, actually i think ive seen 5500rpm once since i bought it so its safe to say I baby it.....all of a sudden this starts happening.....any help with what I am experiencing would be greatly appreciated and any help with the how to fix would be even better!! Thanks in adavance!

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Sounds exactly like whats happening with my car right now.

I've detailed my problem here: http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1040331

I have replaced my IAC and it helped out tremendously with the problem, but I very rarely still experience it when the car is at temperature and either moving very slowly or stopped.

The car has new spark plugs, new ignition wires, new throttle position sensor, new idle air controler, and I'm putting on a new vehicle speed sensor next weekend. Past that I'm not entirely sure what to do...

Users who are viewing this thread