Help a buddy with a survey

Venom_nitrous

Established Member
This is for my Psyc of religion of class. feel free to participate
also feel free to send results via PM

1. What is your religious affiliation? ________________________
--If you have no affiliation, do you consider yourself religious or spiritual? YES NO

2. How many times have you attended religious services during the past year? ________

3. Which of the following best describes your practice of prayer or religious meditation?
--Prayer/meditation is a regular part of my daily life.
--I usually pray/meditate in times of stress or need but rarely at any other time.
--I pray/meditate only during formal ceremonies.
--I never pray/meditate.

4. How much influence would you say that religion/spirituality has on the way that you choose to act and the way that you choose to spend your time each day?
--No influence.
--A small influence.
--Some influence.
--A fair amount of influence.
--A large influence.

5. During the past year, how often have you experienced a feeling of religious reverence or devotion?
--Almost daily.
--Frequently.
--Sometimes.
--Rarely.
--Never.

6. Do you consume alcoholic beverages? YES NO

A serving of alcohol is merited by: 12 oz of beer, a 6oz glass of wine, a 1 oz shot of hard alcohol, or any drink containing 1 oz of hard alcohol.
7. On average, how much alcohol do you consume in one sitting?
(#)_______ 6 oz glasses of wine
AND
(#)_______ 1 oz of hard alcohol
AND
(#)_______ 12 oz beers

8. On average, how many days per week do you consume alcohol?
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

9. In an average week, how many evenings do you spend in a bar, or attending social activities in which social drinking is a large part?
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
10. On average, how many days per week do you buy liquor?
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
11. On average, how many days per week do you drink before noon?
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
12. On average, how many days per week do you wake up sick after drinking the previous day/night?
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
13. In an average week, how many times do you find yourself drinking alone?
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

14. Have you ever felt that you might consume too much alcohol or drink too often? YES NO

Please rate the following statements according to the following scale:
1—Strongly agree
2—Agree
3—Undecided
4—Disagree
5—Strongly disagree

15. I believe strongly in the teachings of my church.
1 2 3 4 5
16. I believe that membership in a good church increases one’s usefulness to society.
1 2 3 4 5
17. Religion gives me a great amount of comfort & security in life.
1 2 3 4 5

18. In an average week, how many evenings do you spend in church, including church meetings such as study groups that may not actually meet in the church building?
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

19. Please mark that which most applies to you:
___ My religious/spiritual beliefs do not entail regulations regarding the use of alcohol.
___ My religious/spiritual beliefs allow for the use of alcohol in any manner/degree.
___ My religious/spiritual beliefs allow for the use of alcohol, but also moderate that use.
___ My religious/spiritual beliefs strictly prohibit the use of alcohol.

Last edited:

4valvemach

Established Member

1. What is your religious affiliation? ___none_____________________
--If you have no affiliation, do you consider yourself religious or spiritual? NO

2. How many times have you attended religious services during the past year? __none______

3. Which of the following best describes your practice of prayer or religious meditation?

--I never pray/meditate.

4. How much influence would you say that religion/spirituality has on the way that you choose to act and the way that you choose to spend your time each day?

--No influence.

5. During the past year, how often have you experienced a feeling of religious reverence or devotion?

--Never.

6. Do you consume alcoholic beverages? YES

A serving of alcohol is merited by: 12 oz of beer, a 6oz glass of wine, a 1 oz shot of hard alcohol, or any drink containing 1 oz of hard alcohol.
(#)___0____ 6 oz glasses of wine
AND
(#)___0____ 1 oz of hard alcohol
AND
(#)___8-10____ 12 oz beers

9. In an average week, how many evenings do you spend in a bar, or attending social activities in which social drinking is a large part?
12. On average, how many days per week do you wake up sick after drinking the previous day/night?

14. Have you ever felt that you might consume too much alcohol or drink too often? NO

1—Strongly agree
2—Agree
3—Undecided
4—Disagree
5—Strongly disagree

16. I believe that membership in a good church increases one’s usefulness to society.

18. In an average week, how many evenings do you spend in church, including church meetings such as study groups that may not actually meet in the church building?

___ My religious/spiritual beliefs do not entail regulations regarding the use of alcohol.

:shrug:

Dusten

Established Member

1. What is your religious affiliation? None
--If you have no affiliation, do you consider yourself religious or spiritual? NO

2. How many times have you attended religious services during the past year? 0

--I never pray/meditate.

--No influence.

--Never.

(#)____0___ 6 oz glasses of wine
AND
(#)____3___ 1 oz of hard alcohol
AND
(#)___2____ 12 oz beers

)0

14. Have you ever felt that you might consume too much alcohol or drink too often? NO

1—Strongly agree
2—Agree
3—Undecided
4—Disagree
5—Strongly disagree

SNCBOOM

Established Member

1. What is your religious affiliation? _______None_________________
--If you have no affiliation, do you consider yourself religious or spiritual? No

2. How many times have you attended religious services during the past year? ____0____

--I never pray/meditate.

--No influence.

--Never.

(#)___0____ 6 oz glasses of wine
AND
(#)___6____ 1 oz of hard alcohol
AND
(#)___3____ 12 oz beers

14. Have you ever felt that you might consume too much alcohol or drink too often? YES

1—Strongly agree
2—Agree
3—Undecided
4—Disagree
5—Strongly disagree

_n/a_ My religious/spiritual beliefs do not entail regulations regarding the use of alcohol.
_n/a__ My religious/spiritual beliefs allow for the use of alcohol in any manner/degree.
_n/a__ My religious/spiritual beliefs allow for the use of alcohol, but also moderate that use.
__n/a_ My religious/spiritual beliefs strictly prohibit the use of alcohol.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Thank you so much for the replies so far!

You may want to request the surveys be sent via PM. You may get more honest answers if people knew that everyone on a public forum would read their responses.

firstonraceday

Established Member

1. What is your religious affiliation? _______Presbyterian_________________
--If you have no affiliation, do you consider yourself religious or spiritual? YES NO

2. How many times have you attended religious services during the past year? ___6_____

--Some influence.

--Frequently.

6. Do you consume alcoholic beverages? YES NO
Yes

(#)____0___ 6 oz glasses of wine
AND
(#)_____7-8__ 1 oz of hard alcohol
AND
(#)____5-6___ 12 oz beers

During football season 1

1—Strongly agree
2—Agree
3—Undecided
4—Disagree
5—Strongly disagree

Last edited:

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Yeah, I've had a research methods in psychology a couple of years ago. I would have finished as a psych major but I didn't want to have to get a doctorate to get a well paying job.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Well if you're doing research for a mini study which I assume his buddy is going to consolidate all of the info and do the statistics to verify or nullify their original hypothesis...Protecting against bias is crucial. I'm sure if someone that drinks more than "normal" might feel bad if they see that no one else claims to drink alone etc. It'd have more of an effect than you'd believe.

03vert70charger

Established Member
Kind of an odd survey. The only questions are about religion and alcohol. Seems like the point of this survey is to show a relationship between lack of faith and alcoholism.

Venom_nitrous

Established Member
Kind of an odd survey. The only questions are about religion and alcohol. Seems like the point of this survey is to show a relationship between lack of faith and alcoholism.

bingo......sorta. That would be bad research to say that. The hypothesis is that the less religious a person is, the more apt they are to drink/abuse alcohol. No more no less. The survey gauges your alcohol use/abuse and will determine your religious "strength." Who knows, the results may come out completely opposite (positive correlation). I can say so far that the result seems to favor 0 correlation, that is there seems to be no connection. The results are everywhere.

I will post mine up so that I don't seem afraid as stated on another forum. Also, feel free to pm results.

1. What is your religious affiliation? _____Jewish (Reformed)
--If you have no affiliation, do you consider yourself religious or spiritual? YES
2. How many times have you attended religious services during the past year? ___20+_____

--I usually pray/meditate in times of stress or need but rarely at any other time.
--I pray/meditate only during formal ceremonies.
--I never pray/meditate.

--No influence.
--A small influence.
--Some influence.
--A fair amount of influence.
--A large influence.
--Almost daily.
--Frequently.
--Sometimes.
--Rarely.
--Never.

(#)_______ 6 oz glasses of wine
AND
(#)___6-8____ 1 oz of hard alcohol
AND
(#)_______ 12 oz beers

0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

14. Have you ever felt that you might consume too much alcohol or drink too often? YES NO

1—Strongly agree
2—Agree
3—Undecided
4—Disagree
5—Strongly disagree

1 2 3 4 5
1 2 3 4 5
1 2 3 4 5

0-1

___ My religious/spiritual beliefs allow for the use of alcohol in any manner/degree.
__x_ My religious/spiritual beliefs allow for the use of alcohol, but also moderate that use.
___ My religious/spiritual beliefs strictly prohibit the use of alcohol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread