Help a newbie Mod questions pullies

rich9521

Established Member
I have read and searched through all the forums and am totally confused as to what I want to do with my cobra. First off I will tell you that it does have an off road x pipe and an slp loud mouth cat back exhaust. Someone hacked up a cold air intake that is getting replaced. Filter is good but the connection to the intake actually has a gap between it and the filter? I want to make around 550 rwhp and remain streetable. There are way too many acronyms so I need some help. I am having the stage 5+ with the welded dragon single blade tb steg port done next month and beyond that I do not know. Do in need a mafia or a new maf? Injectors, when do I need to go to #60 injectors. I am assuming I need a bap regardless but when do I need to upgrade fuel pumps. Pullies??? There are way too many combos and different idlers. What is recomended to make the power I want., 4# lower and 2.8 upper?? witch idler assembly is recomended for the least amount of slippage along with pullie brand.This car is not a daily driver or a track warrior, but I do not want to make it so radical that is running on the ragged edge. I just want to order things once and the right way! I will also be ordering a new aftercooler but is there anything that can be done with the innercooler? I have seen some pics that have nice aluminum resovoir tanks in them, does this help? I am not new to supercharged cars as I had a 5 liter paxton car for years. I also realize if I asked these questions to 100 people I would get close to 100 suggestions, but a general base line would really help me order parts! Thanks in advance as I know this is a lot of questions?

WHITESVTCOBRA

Established Member
going to need a mafia, injectors, and I'd suggest upgrading to the twin ford gt pumps, with the modified single fpdm, as for pullies I'd go with all billetflow idlers, 2.83 or 2.76 upper, 4 pound lower, and of course I'd recommend getting a billetflow irs brace if you haven't done so already. And with all this engine and power modding your going to need a new clutch soon in which I'd go with the new spec stage 3+ I've heard it's much better than the dfx clutch. If and when you change the clutch you should go ahead and do the ldc cooling mod also. Other than all of that pretty much all you need then is some nice tires probably nitto's or bfg's and a nice dyno tune.

GetBitBiatch

Is that your gf's car?
Established Member
I would recommend getting either the LDC or EvenFlow cooling mod and a bigger heat exchanger since you'll be making alot more heat with the Eaton. As far as the MAF, it depends on which tuner you are using, the Predator or the SCT. You can use the MAFia with either one but if I were going with SCT I would get one of their 2400 or 2600 MAFs. Definitely upgrade the fuel system, 60# injectors and GT pumps with modded FPDM. Billet Flow idlers are the best around and as far as pulley combo, there are many ways to go. 2.93 & 6# or 2.8 & 4# But regardless of what you use, just make sure you have a good tuner that knows what they are doing. I used a tuner in NC at first that was horrible and blew my engine about 6 months later.

Users who are viewing this thread