Help- A strange handling problem?

03SoCalCobra

HIGH PSI 03
Established Member
Huntington Beach, CA (h), Culver City (w)
About a month ago (~1500 miles) I had a differential leak fixed and the Maximum IRS Grip In A Box with new 14mm bolts & nuts, along with a fresh Trackloc and new FMS 3.73 gears (factory setup damaged by several leaks).

At first, the handling was tight and really good; wheel hop was reduced but not eliminated; road noise went up, but the new gears could have been damaged slightly by a subsequent leak (remedied quickly, but there was some mileage on the new gears with low oil).

New 315 Nitto DR's installed a few weeks ago- problem was already happening by then.

In any event.. lately it feels exactly like one of the tires is low- front grips and dives while the rear swings out wider than normal, a squishy feeling- instead of the turn being linear, it feels like like the rear wants to swing out way too fast- and too far, even with mildly aggressive turns.

Sometimes it feels OK, most of the time it doesn't- and it started with a pronounced bias on the left side (while turning right); then shifted to the right (while turning left). It will hesitate a second before it "grips" and exaggurates the turn- again just like a low tire.

Checked the tire pressures twice- with 2 different gauges.. Within 1lbs..

Any ideas??? Going on a 800 mile road trip next weekend and would like to figure this one out before I leave! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

dezracer

I will take a guess that it has something to do with your trac-loc. I would also have ALL BOLTS checked for proper torque including the large ones that hold hubs(?) on (behind each rear wheel).

Users who are viewing this thread