HELP...after STEEDA adj UCA & mount BAD WHEEL HOP...HELP!!!

KIXASS

MEDICATED
Established Member
Bad wheel hop stock
-then installed-
BMR LCA boxed stock length
-nothing changed, same wheel hop-
STEEDA adj. UCA with adj mount followed instructions
-nothing changed still same amount of wheel hop
Gonna try strange shocks with lowering springs and LCA relocation brackets next

racermatt

Established Member
Blackbeast12 Yes, if you are using an adjustable any hole will work but not have the same handling characteristics by changing hole you are changing the instant center thus changing the squat characteristics and weight distribution. You would adjust the length of the upper third link to keep proper pinion angle. Yes the top is a must for a non adjustable.

KIXASS, Have you checked the axel bushing for wear? Did you torque the third link to the axel housing under load? This doesn't always matter but in your case there seems to be an underlying gremlin hiding somewhere. I've seen just the lower control arms cure wheel hop. The springs and shocks sometimes can be a factor and I see you plan to change that which in the end will give you a much better handling car. I just don't want to see some one make an unnecessary purchase if the problem lies elsewhere.

KIXASS

MEDICATED
Established Member
Went out today measured and TRANS is 0* and pinion was 0* at ride height. Ran out of adjustment on UCA so I only got -1/2*. I'm gonna take it off this week and get it fixed. I will update.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
You gonna be at pike creek shopping center after 4pm today? If so i will be there. The guys at that meet are going to the am show we can ride up with them! Let me know!

KIXASS

MEDICATED
Established Member
I was at the kirkwood cruise tonight. Got there at 4:00 and left at 10:30. Had a great time. Heading to AM tomorrow at 8:00.

Users who are viewing this thread