HELP! Air in brake lines!

mustangsally50

She Bites
Established Member
So I finally got around to installing Stainless Steel Brake lines on the front and back. And I also put in some Russell speed bleeders. Now no mater how long I bleed the brakes I get air coming out. I have even taken off the speed bleeders and have done it the traditional 2 man method. And when I drive the car the pedal still goes to the floor.

I see no leaking, and have already flushed over 2 quarts of brake fluid through the system. What am I doing wrong?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
sounds like you ran the reservoir on the master cylinder dry (ive done the same thing)

precisely why i hate speed bleeders - ya cant see what you're doing. too easy to run the master dry. best way is two people. one behind the wheel pumping the pedal, and the other at the bleeder screw yelling DOWN UP DOWN UP DOWN UP

bench bleed the master cylinder if thats indeed the case, then bleed the rest of the system.

mustangsally50

She Bites
Established Member
I just finished doing the bench bleed, and the pedal finally stiffined up. :-D

I guess I had gotten air in the back cylinder. Thanks for the advice, I didn't think it was possible to get air in there since I never saw the fluid drop down that low. Oh well, THANKS AGAIN!!

Users who are viewing this thread