Help.. blower swap done not car not running

TenthScale

Established Member
Well finally got the blower swap done today... also changed the plugs to the NGKs..

well I thought I had everything perfect back together after quite a bit more struggle then I would have though.. one of the intake bolts was almost impossible to get to..

Anyway.. car starts right up and runs perfectly for 7-8 seconds then just goes click.. off

restart no problem right up same this exactly same amount of time click off.

Throws a CEL but I don't have a scanner here. Tried checking the DTS codes using the guage cluster but it says none...

I figure it has to be some sensor or something? Tried resetting the computer too.. Anyone have any ideas? Or know a place I can rent/borrow an OBD scanner tomorrow?

Thanks

TenthScale

Established Member
BLK04 said:
Anyone with a predator should be able to read you cel codes

damn did not even think of that should have picked up the SCT tuner from my tuner when I was over there.. I bet it can do it as well

not sure if I can find one tomorrow but I will try..

Also if their predator is already maried to their car will it still read codes from another?

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
FireRed04Vert said:
It almost sounds like the fuel pumps are kicking off. Do you have a fuel pressure gauge you can watch?

yes that is what I was thinking, or check and make sure all the supporting hoses are hooked up and secured with no air leakage.

TenthScale

Established Member
Ghoust said:
yes that is what I was thinking, or check and make sure all the supporting hoses are hooked up and secured with no air leakage.

humm that may be on to something.. Unfortionaly its in a damn hard pace to get to.. but when we went to bolt the fuel rail back on it would not line up some how we poped the #8 cylinder injector off.. so I just poped the clip off and then put the injector back in and cliped it back on..

Though yea it does sound like the fuel pump is just kicking off for some reason.

TenthScale

Established Member
Fixed :dance:

easiest problem ever once I had a scanner to put on it... Also had nothing to do with blower swap but when changed the plugs...

Turns out the connector for ignition coil H was not clicked on all the way.

runs like a champ now.. Just can't wait for tuning on tuesday now.

Users who are viewing this thread