Help - Car bogs down really bad

03Mach04Cobra

GO HOKIES!!!
Established Member
Ok guys I need your help!
Well ever since I put the GT pumps in my car I have had a terrible time getting it tuned right. When I'm sent a tune setup for the GT pumps my car will hardly even idle, if it does when I go to rev it bogs down really bad. But I have a tune that is setup with the stock cobra pumps and the car will run and idle fine with no bogging issues.

I just dropped my tank thinking I would find a bad connection, bad pump or a kinked line but everything looked just fine. So I put it back together and its still doing the exact same thing. When I go out and datalog it with the tune setup for the stock pumps my Duty cycle will be 100% at like 3800rpm.
I have a Stage 1 FPDM with the wire upgrade.

I just got a new battery and a new alternator last week, that fixed my voltage issue but did nothing for the fuel problem........Im going insane trying to figure this out - Help!!!!

Anybody have any ideas as to what it could be or what I should check next?

xenodragon

Established Member
Any reason you are running GT Pumps? I assume you are going to a T/S? Do you have a BAP? Have you tried the PPRV delete? That got rid of my hesitation/bogging issue.

This is why I went to a return style fuel setup. I had enough of my returnless issues.

03Mach04Cobra

GO HOKIES!!!
Established Member
I did the PPRV delete when I did the pumps.
Did the GT pumps to have enough fuel for a whipple on down the road, but for now its just a 8lb lower, with a steggy stage 4 port, 60lb injectors etc.

No BAP - I was told to stay away from those? But I did the wire upgrade from the power dist. block to the FPDM down to the fuel hat.

SlowLNF

Established Member
I did the PPRV delete when I did the pumps.
Did the GT pumps to have enough fuel for a whipple on down the road, but for now its just a 8lb lower, with a steggy stage 4 port, 60lb injectors etc.

No BAP - I was told to stay away from those? But I did the wire upgrade from the power dist. block to the FPDM down to the fuel hat.

Weird, guy who installed and dyno tuned my Whipple set up said all I'd need is a BAP, and he was right!

03Mach04Cobra

GO HOKIES!!!
Established Member
Weird, guy who installed and dyno tuned my Whipple set up said all I'd need is a BAP, and he was right!

I could see the BAP helping for WOT, but my car wont even hardly idle. As soon as I hit the gas just to rev, it bogs down - most of the time its so bad I cant even get the car going.
If the BAP could help this issue I will look into it some more

03Mach04Cobra

GO HOKIES!!!
Established Member
Just ran the codes and I have 1 show up - P1233 Fuel Pump Driver Module Disabled / Offline

What do I need to do next? - I have a modified FPDM Stage 1 - Does this mean that entire FPDM is bad? Would replacing it fix my problem?

MalcolmV8

Established Member
My guess when reading this thread was your FPDM. I chose to go with dual FPDM so I wouldn't have custom modified ones like you did for these exact reasons. Sucks now you can't just swap out another factory unit to test.

I'd double check all wiring first but if all that's correct then yes I also suspect your FPDM. Perhaps contact the manufacture and see if they'll test it and or swap it out for another one.

03Mach04Cobra

GO HOKIES!!!
Established Member
I have a factory FPDM that I hooked up also, but as I figured it would run exactly the same way.
If there is a way I could test this FPDM I would - hate to spend the money for another FPDM and it not be the problem at all.....if I did get another I would more than likely just do the MDMjr setup, but I'm not wanting to spend $400 and just take a guess thats my problem

04SolidSnake

Canadian Snake
Established Member
Well if the "stock pump" tune works fine, but the GT Pump tune doesn't chances are the issue is in the tune..

You've ruled out the pump set up, and FPDM it has to be the tune...

You're sure you've actually got GT Pumps in there? Seems weird that the stock pump tune would work with GT Pumps..

What type of handheld device do you have? I can ask my tuner if he'd look at the tune file to see if he can see anything weird in there..

03Mach04Cobra

GO HOKIES!!!
Established Member
Yes positive they are GT pumps, when I just checked em this weekend, the part number is stamped on the side of the GT pumps.

I have a X-Cal2
I really dont think its a tune issue. I have been sent multiple tunes and they all do the same thing. And my tuner has said all the tunes he sent have worked on other cars so its something weird about my car

Users who are viewing this thread