Help! clutch and trans question....

03CobraCCC

Wheaton Warbird!
Established Member
I think I burned up my clutch an/or dmg'ed T/O lever learning to powershift the 03. It almost bogs on a launch and gets closer to stalling then it ever did.......

Anyway I was wondering if anyone knows if either or both of these items are covered under the 12 mo./12K mi. full bumber to bumber non-limited warranty that comes with the car upon purchase because these are wear and tear items.

If not, can anyone reccomend some of the better clutches or T/O levers out there, because i have read of these weak stock T/O's and clutches....and I'm lookin at some of the SPEC clutches either a II or III. thanks...any help is greatly appreciated!!!

stang99

If you have no mods, I have heard that they will warrant wear items up to 12000 miles. This also depends upon the attitude of your dealership. People on this board have received new clutches under warranty. Take it in and give it a try. Tell them that you pulled up on the clutch pedal just like it said in the owner's manual, but the clutch apparently did not adjust properly.

Originally posted by 03CobraCCC
I think I burned up my clutch an/or dmg'ed T/O lever learning to powershift the 03. It almost bogs on a launch and gets closer to stalling then it ever did.......

Anyway I was wondering if anyone knows if either or both of these items are covered under the 12 mo./12K mi. full bumber to bumber non-limited warranty that comes with the car upon purchase because these are wear and tear items.

If not, can anyon
e reccomend some of the better clutches or T/O levers out there, because i have read of these weak stock T/O's and clutches....and I'm lookin at some of the SPEC clutches either a II or III. thanks...any help is greatly appreciated!!!

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Originally posted by tccobra
How do you powershift?? I would like to try powershifting but I do not want to ruin my clutch

Keep the gas pedal to the floor as you shift. You should be pushing the clutch in quickly and out quickly at the same time you quickly but not forcefully shift the transmission. The timing takes practice. If you miss the gear and it grinds, push the clutch back in quickly to help protect your trans. You can practice with the engine off.

Users who are viewing this thread