HELP! Company will not honor advertised price!?

TL95SVT

Clean & Simple!
Established Member
On December 22nd i placed an order at TheFordSource.Com for Qty 1 of M-3075-D (FRONT LOWER CONTROL ARM KIT). The price on the website is $160.00 and $178.88 with ground shipping.

I got an email confirming my order and it stated my billing info, part #, qty, and price.

It also had this in it: "Please check to be sure the information on your order is correct. If you need to make any changes,call us at 732-349-2240 x957 or e-mail [email protected] . Hours are Mon-Fri 8am-5pm EST. Your order will be charged only once the items are shipped. For your credit card protection, we do not process orders until we have received authorization from your credit card company. In certain cases, this may cause delays in shipping. Items in stock will typically ship within 1-2 business days. Some items are shipped directly to us from the manufacturer and may take 1-3 weeks to ship. You will recieve an e-mail with a UPS tracking number once your order has been shipped. Please understand there are times when items are backordered with the manufacturer. If this is the case we will notify you by e-mail or by telephone as soon as we are made aware."

Today i get a call, and they tell me that the part is on backorder from Ford Racing until late Feb, Early March because of a ball joint issue. They said the price will also go up. So i said i would like to keep my order open at this price and wait for the part to come in. They said they would not honor the price of $160 and it would go up becuase they have a disclaimer on their website and their "IT" guy was on vacation and could not update the price.

ControlArm1.gif

ControlArm2.gif

Is there anything I can do?

I work in a parts department and place backorders all the time... it would be unheard of if we did not honer the price when the customer placed the order. Even places like Advanced Auto will honor a price difference if their website has a lower price, than in the store.

Please let me know my options!

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

1Bad04Mystic

Established Member
IMO that is pretty lame if they don't honor the price you were first quoted. I would say if they don't want to honor it, then just buy from someone else, simple as that.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
tell them to screw off and that they lost a customer and future sales, you dont wanna deal with people like that

Darkshadows

New tq abuser
Established Member
CANCEL THAT SUCKER! I work for a parts department and I tell you thats a load of crap. if I call my customer to tell them they would have to pay more, I would never hear the end of it. if they cant honor the price tell them where to stick it.

Fast 96 Asp

Established Member
I missed how much the price was going up to? If its such a big deal, cancel and order from someone else :shrug: Unless the price is not going up very much and is STILL cheaper than everywhere else, in which case I'd say "Quit cryin'" :bored:

Users who are viewing this thread