Help decide on AR15 Caliber

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I've been thinking about this as well. I'm doing research on cans and calibers right now.
I posted this in the other thread. Daniel Defense has a new 300 blackout.
552591DD-CBB8-453F-AD91-295123A2FEA8.jpeg

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
I got my Warpac twins in 7.62X39mm and 5.45X39mm love how 3 people so far have tried to shove a 5.56/ 223 round in the old girl only to have it go clank and about 2/3rd of the rear of the round sticking out of the chamber since the shoulder on a 223 is far bigger. Yeah that is my little insurance policy and so have you not be able to use my weapon against me. Only problem is the ATF has cut off the supply of surplus 5.45 by declaring it an armor piercing round due to it's mild steel core.

Which is totally bogus as that steel was only put in that bullet design to create yaw when it slammed up into the lead sheath and so tumble when it hits soft tissue. It has a real hard time trying to penetrate a mid 1980's caddy hood at a 8-10 degree slope.

But if you reload you can almost duplicate anything 300 Blackout can do with 7.62X39mm. Now if you want an oddball I suggest 6mm PPC or 220 Russian as it is a necked down 7.62X39 I seen one AR in this and it was a pretty flat shooter that could give any 22 cal AR platform a run for it's money. The only down side was that you couldn't load up the 30 round mags as they would jam so you had to only load it half way 15 rounds for it to function properly with the 7.62 mags.

Users who are viewing this thread