HELP: DIABLO, 2.93 PULLEY, 3" DYNOMAX CAT-BACK, 2 DYNO's = $1600???

Fast03Cobra

Established Member
Got an appointment to have springfield motorsports do an install.

2 weeks ago when I called they want $1275 for K&N, Diablo, Cat Back, 2 Dyno Runs, INSTALLED.

Now they want $1600 for:

Diablo Sport Chip (whatever that means)Multi Progs?

2.93 Pulley

Dyno-Max 3" Cat-Back System

2 Dyno pulls

Any necessary adjustments

All installation

-$1600

Is this a deal? He said they have been getting 100 RWHP from these mods together.

I'm scared to do the pulley. Worried I might void warranty... Blow engine...

I have a K&N. Will JUST the chip, K&N, 3" Cat-Back be a NICE pick up? Or should I go all out? (i know most are going to say all out) My wife will KILL me if I spend $1600. Might get away with $1000.

Wonder if I could do this myself? He said the Diablo comes with 3/4 programs. Why cant I just buy the Diablo myself, put it in myself, and Bolt on a Cat-Back myself? Pulley is $100 + some time invovled to intsall.

How much to do it myself and buy parts myself?

WHAT TO DO? HELP?

:??:

COBRyan

Puts Out For Mod Money
you could easily install everything yourself and save all kinds of money!!! the only thing you would pay for would be the dyno time.

jtfx6552

Established Member
I really hate to post hearsay, but since you have gotten two stories already from SM. I have heard terrible stories about them.

Call Rick at Amazon racing, he can set you up with a Diablo, and whatever else you need.

His site is linked from my site below.

JT

Silver 03 Cobra

Looks like you added the pulley so it looks like the chip is dyno tuned. Even with that cost added it is high. I'd go with S. FLa. Pulley set up or JDM. Check my sig for numbers.

I just installed BBK LT's and o/r h-pipe on a friends 03 along with the Flowmaster catback and 9 inch conical filter he aleady had as his only mods and he made 427 rwhp and 408 rwt SAE. You really need to change out your intermediate pipe to an o/r pipe or a pipe with hi-flo cats to get max power. You are not going to hurt the engine with a pulley if you don't abuse the hell out of it. I have made three trips to the track and two of the trips I made over 20 passes on an 1/8 th in 90 degree temps.

You can install all the stuff yourself with common hand tools but you will need a ASP pulley puller to get the pulley off the blower.

Fast03Cobra

Established Member
Just talked to Rick at Amazom. He convinced me to do it myself. Sounds safe. I think I will buy the Diablo from him, perhaps the sae set up as Jim Vaccaro.

Not sure about the cat-back system yet. Maybe I should do a complete x-pipe (w/cats) and cat-back system together...

Where can I get a GOOD and CHEAP Aluminized cat-back and x-pipe combo? Amazons seems fair to me... Dont remember his x-pipe price...

JIM VACCARO if you are listening, did your set up (filter, diablo, cat-back) really wake up the car? Could you really feel/tell the difference? What about track times?

TopRacer

Why Yellow...? BECAUSE!!
Established Member
Silver03Snake:
Do you have this \/ inside the car??
FRPP mechanical fuel pressure gauge

Fred G

Established Member
Hey Fast03,
I drove Jim’s car after the mods you’re questioning, and compared to mine, which is basically stock except for FR500 cat-back, his car is quite the rocket ship. I wouldn’t hesitate to go his route unless you’re contemplating a pulley change at the same time. Talk to Rick about that. I drove JT’s 03, which is pulley'd and chipped (stock exhaust when I drove it), and that is yet another level of performance…unreal! You might also want to ask Rick his opinion about changing the lower pulley, instead. I’m think I’m gonna go that route, but for now my motor is ticking pretty bad. It doesn’t seem to affect the way the car runs, as it was pretty stout right out of the box and dyno’d at 400 + w/ exhaust and replacement air filter. I don’t want to deviate too far from stock until we see what’s gonna be with this ticking deal. I’m not letting anyone touch the car in an attempt to “diagnose” the problem. I’m sure the factory knows what it is. When they finally decide to release the correct (meaning lasting) fix, I’ll get it taken care of then give Mr. Rick a call.

If perform a search on Jim Viccaro’s posts, you’ll be able to pull his numbers for the mods you mentioned.
Fred

Users who are viewing this thread