Help diagnosing a problem!

SVTCompOrange

Targeted for Termination
Established Member
Took the Cobra back into the dealership yesterday...Again!:cuss:

Something was slipping during heavy accelration, it was like a jerking motion. slipping and catching really quickly throughout the RPM's. Ford replaced the whole transmission the week before and said it was good to go. I drove it again late last week and it started doing the same thing. Under heavy accelration something seemed to be slipping and bogging down alittle. I dont think it is the clutch but not sure. The RPM dont jump up during the slipping. Today Ford called me said that there is nothing wrong with the car.:shrug: I know the car is not running like it use to. Any ideas. Thanks for any help..

whi tri

Established Member
what gives you the impression that something is "slipping"? Does it make a noise like a slipping belt? I am curious because my car has done it to me a couple of times. The last tme that it happened to me it was the day I got it back from the tuner. but it has done this a total of prolly 8 times. I wouldn't say slipping though. It is just hard to explain. I would have to imagine that it is hard on the valvetrain.

Jdaniel

THE DARK SIDE MOD
Established Member
If they replaced the tranny and it is still doing it (assuming they DIDNT use an old clutch) I would assume it has something to do with the rear end. Have them take a look at the diff.

SVTCompOrange

Targeted for Termination
Established Member
Thanks for the replies.... I going to take it to another dealership and have them check it out. I dont know if they used the old clutch or not??? I know they said they replaced the transmission asy. Reason: Tail shaft housing had excessive metal in transmission.

Last edited:

whi tri

Established Member
mine must be way more violent then yours because there is no way mine could be rear end. I think mine is in the tune. it's like a dead spot.

Users who are viewing this thread