Help: Dyno Questions??

eddy z

Established Member
I need everyone's help on this as this is where I have no clue on.. I am looking to get my car dyno'ed in my area.. During my search and several phone calls to be.. What type of "Dyno" questions should I be asking and setting up for my car in order to make the dyno runs the most accurate RWHP readings????

Also, how much percent of HP is lost fromthe flywheel to rear wheel in the drive train area?? Like 10%, 13% or greater??

My plan is this. Dyno my car right now at bone stock. Then after i install the bassani X pipe with free flow cats only, (stock cat remain), re dyno again to see the increase.. Nice science project I figure..

Elapidae

Festively Plump
Established Member
Make sure they have a big fan. Dynos can't reproduce the air flow of real world driving. With the 99 Cobras, Team Mustang was saying that 17% to 20% drivetrain loss was normal, but I think they were covering the low hp issue. I'd guess that 15% is reasonable and perhaps a bit high. I personally prefer the the dynos that are below ground (ground level) to the ones that are on a stand. (Makes me nervous when my car is doing 130+mph 5 feet in the air). Make sure that they don't put the tie down straps on or over any of the IRS parts. Ask them if they've done any 99 and up Cobras (some don't know how to attach to the coil-on-plug systems... green wire I believe). Last but not least, make sure you come back to the boards and tell us how you did. :-D

Users who are viewing this thread