HELP! Emissions nightmare

fasterthanyou

Established Member
so, I read about how a few people have had this problem with the new system where they go in for emissions, but when they hook up to the OBD, it wont read any signals from the cars computer. I always just laughed and thought to myself, HAHA! Gateway emissions has always just hooked up to my car and PASS! And I was on my way...............BUT today, I went to firestone and they hooked all up to my car and when they started it, their computer just starts flashing all this BS and basically says that their is no connection being made to the car. WTF! The mechanics just looked dumb founded. Alls they could tell me was "I've never seen it do this before." Has anyone figured out what the problem is and even more important, how the hell to fix it?

TheFleshRocket

Likes to drive sideways.
Established Member
Perhaps go back to Gateway and see if they have the same problem. Maybe it's a compatibility issue with the Firestone OBDII device and your car.

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
I had this issue. I went back to my tuner and all he did was pull my chip and move some codes around. I think it was due to the p1000 code. Anyways it took him 10 min. and I went and passed right after

Users who are viewing this thread