Help! Engine ticking

mdunn250

Established Member
Got a problem with my 05 gt, before you say it, I know 3v engines are known to tick. I've got that tick but it's louder from the passenger side, but my main concern is occasionally under acceleration I get a very loud ticking from the passenger side of the engine and a check engine light. Most of the time the ticking stops and the check engine light goes out in less than a minute while I'm coasting, only once did it last for a few mins. I did a oil change and didn't notice any metal, changed the spark plugs, verified all my injectors are properly connected, and now I'm out of ideas.

I'm thinking possible oil starvation sense it is an intermitten problem that sounds like it's localized to one side of the top end. I do not know how to check other than pull the valve cover, disconnect the power to the engine and turn it over to see if it's getting flow. Is that correct? Or does any one have any suggestions?

mdunn250

Established Member
Code

I had the dealership check for stored codes, the only one that popped up was P013 basically a generic misfire code.

Dose anyone know the proper ohms for our coil packs?

And yeah I probably should replace those.

Users who are viewing this thread