Help for Haiti. Let's pitch in.

Ray Hilton

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I'm sure you are all aware of the incredible devastation in Haiti. I hope that in our own way we can each do something to help relieve some of the suffering going on there. The setbacks most of us experience pale in comparison to what these poor people are going through.

I feel so blessed with everything I've been given in my life. I have so much and they have so little. I want to do something beyond the personal giving that my family and I have already done.

So, to put my money where my mouth is as they say, I pledge this: From now till this date next month, February 25, 2010, I will give 50% of the money I make on Boost Overlay sales to Haiti relief. It's just my small part, but if we all do what we can I believe we can make a difference.

Thanks, Ray Hilton

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
Wow Ray that's great! :rockon:

I generally don't trust most organizations that manage charities and have used that as an excuse to not donate to anything. I would really love to help but I almost feel like I need to hand my money directly to the person who needs it :whine:

Do you have an organization already in mind?

Ray Hilton

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I have a couple in mind but will weigh things out and make the choice sometime before I write and mail the check. I am however open for any suggestions others might have.

Ray H.

black 10th vert

Established Member
Wow Ray that's great! :rockon:

I generally don't trust most organizations that manage charities and have used that as an excuse to not donate to anything. I would really love to help but I almost feel like I need to hand my money directly to the person who needs it :whine:

Do you have an organization already in mind?

This has always been a huge issue to me as well. When you look at how much the top dogs of these "charity" organizations are paid, it is enough to make you sick! Obviously everyone needs to make a living, but come on...:bash:

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
i wonder if there is a way to contact an organization or even a government organization that is actually located in Haiti, and ask them where or who to send money to. this way you would be skipping the middle man (charity place), and giving money strait to the source.

Black Sex

Established Member
I like to help people but they dont even know where all this money is going and if It will go to the right people. Their government isnt all that stable. So it would be hard for me to send people my money that I work hard for so I give to my own kids, just to hand it over to someone and having no clue what they are doing with it.
But what you are doing Ray is very generous thing to do, and a applaud you for it. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread