Help from boss owners!

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
Sounds great....can't wait to see some more pics!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
I'd swap out that pulley, get a return system (if you don't have one), then run some e85 (if it's in your area). You'll make the same power, and not have to worry about a new motor.

Newtermiowner03

Established Member
I'd swap out that pulley, get a return system (if you don't have one), then run some e85 (if it's in your area). You'll make the same power, and not have to worry about a new motor.
Do you think it's not safe? I questioned the same thing but my tuner double checked and the knock sensor is working. And the cars wanting more timing. He took timing out of it and corrected numbers was low-mid 7's. I'll probably be getting the oil pump gear replaced while it's up there. Also there is e85 in my area I've just never been a big fan of having to test my gas before I put it in. And if I was to travel with it have to A: bring gas or B: pray I can find it. What pulley size do you suggest then? I thought it was a kind of conservative only pushing 14ish lbs. I've always heard of people putting 20+ through the 2.9's?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
14 psi should be safe.....as long as fuel quality is good and the tune itself is good

Newtermiowner03

Established Member
14 psi should be safe.....as long as fuel quality is good and the tune itself is good

That's what I'm thinking too. The tuner I have now is probably the smartest guy I've meet as far as tuning. And like I stated before the knock sensor is working. And that's what it's used for to my knowledge is to prevent detonation. But I do agree e85 would be a good idea to keep the aluminum block cooler. That, and the billet oil pump gear. From what I hear and understand that's the weakest point of the boss motor.

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
IMG_3954.JPG
IMG_3956.JPG
IMG_3955.JPG

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
It's your call. The guy at the top is one of the top tuners in the Country. The other guy is Dustin, the owner of Whipple. The lowest I would go is 3.5. But I would add a can of octane booster (Torco) to every tank. That's what I'm doing, but with a 3.625.

Newtermiowner03

Established Member
It's your call. The guy at the top is one of the top tuners in the Country. The other guy is Dustin, the owner of Whipple. The lowest I would go is 3.5. But I would add a can of octane booster (Torco) to every tank. That's what I'm doing, but with a 3.625.

I have access to 112 octane Sunoco blue. And also access to 93 pure gas. Bout mixing a gallon of Sunoco blue to each tank?

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
Man 112!!! I'll take two 55 gallon drums of that stuff!!! Mixing a gallon of that per tank should keep your octane level up in the safe range

Newtermiowner03

Established Member
Man 112!!! I'll take two 55 gallon drums of that stuff!!! Mixing a gallon of that per tank should keep your octane level up in the safe range

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk[/

Yeahs it's like $8 something a gallon though I think it's been awhile since I've bought any. And they won't sell but 5 gallons a time.

Newtermiowner03

Established Member
I still ain't drove it! Lol been in the shop getting that driveshaft replaced, lower control arms, rear springs. As far as the tune goes it's supposed to be worked out. The shop said my tuner came and it's doing right. But now I have to decide weather to go up in pulley size to be safe or go e85. I'm right on the border line and need to decide something.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
Oh ok...I gotcha...yeah your at a crossroads with that decision. I wish I could lend some advice. Maybe some of the others that are a little more knowledgeable with pulley swaps will chime in. Good job with it so far. In the last couple of weeks you've made considerable progress with car, coming from what it was doing. Keep us posted

Newtermiowner03

Established Member
Yeah. I can't take credit for it. The tuner is the guy that's taken care of it all. I believe I'm leaning more towards e85 it's just hard for me to bring myself to spend $1700 on a fuel system

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
I can understand not wanting to spend that money. That is a considerable amount. Just glad you're in a better place with the car thus far

Newtermiowner03

Established Member
Yeah well just have to see how much money I have. Cause I need wheels and tires too. I'm going with 15inch rears 17's in the front. The 19's MT's that's on it now just don't hook at all

Users who are viewing this thread