HELP FROM FELLOW QMP OWNERS!

matt lankford

all is sold
hey guys, i popped a pipe out yesterday. my shop didnt use the red rtv i provided. i need to know what size socket i need to loosen and retighten the special clamps

coleman

Established Member
isn't that a coincidence, my shop (i guess) didn't tighten down the manifold bolts cuz the nuts fell off and when i accelerated, it sounded like @#$

matt lankford

all is sold
the one i popped out was the drivers side into the muffler, it sounded like someone popped a paper bag when i let go. im going to get mine welded in soon.

AUCobra

Established Member
Yep, that's the size for the 14 pipe clamps. I don't remember the sizes for the for the manifold bolts. I know you have the QMP LT headers anyway. How do you like the headers so far? I am thinking of getting the QMP headers next.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Matt you had the QMP on before and just added the headers right and the sound changed? Are you cat'd or OR and how much louder is it then before the long tubes?

matt lankford

all is sold
no, i was a 2nd gp guy, i orderd 3 days after the 1st one ended and the took forever because the problems some had. my car blew a manifold gasket a month ago so i quit driving it till i got it fixed. i tried doing a k member too and slowed me up a bit. i never drove the car with just the exaust. you need the radio on to drive aggressivley, imho

warren

Established Member
when you added the headers, did the interior noise level get real loud? im debateing on shorties or longtubes

Users who are viewing this thread