Help...fuel rail issue

RixSikcobra04

I was re-installing the N20 FPSS switch onto the rail and while tightening the FPSS back onto the test port, the F-in nut broke off INSIDE of the F-in rail. Does anyone know if there is anyway to get the threaded part out of the rail?...or do I need a new 400 dollar fuel rail :mj: ? Thanx in advance.

Rick

Juiced-03

Established Member
I'm sure a shop could get it out. I know there is something called an easy-out that might work. If not, you might as well just buy some larger fuel rails. You can get the CPR rails for $220. Then just buy the fittings and crossover hose from Summit.

RixSikcobra04

Juiced-03 said:
I'm sure a shop could get it out. I know there is something called an easy-out that might work. If not, you might as well just buy some larger fuel rails. You can get the CPR rails for $220. Then just buy the fittings and crossover hose from Summit.

Are ya thinkin' like a "machine shop" of some sort? You're right, if not, time to get bigger fuel rails. Who sells cpr rails for 220 bucks. I haven't seen em under 345 anywhere?

I'm just hopin' this can be fixed, I want bigger rails, but this is just bad timing.....anyone else? Thanx Juiced. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Brad

Banned
The eraser end of a pencil is a good first attempt, then sometimes I like to put a little bit of JB weld on the end of a screw driver, press it to the bolt, let it dry, then try backing it out.. then I'll move into drilling then reverse tapping, never had that fail.

Juiced-03

Established Member
RixSikCobra said:
Are ya thinkin' like a "machine shop" of some sort? You're right, if not, time to get bigger fuel rails. Who sells cpr rails for 220 bucks. I haven't seen em under 345 anywhere?

I'm just hopin' this can be fixed, I want bigger rails, but this is just bad timing.....anyone else? Thanx Juiced. :thumbsup:

I know people are concerned about RPM outlet, but they sell the CPR rails. I called CPR and he confirmed it. They come with or without fittings, but it is cheaper just to buy a crossover line and fittings from Summit. Here is the link:

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/03rails.htm

I guess RPM outlet has got their shit together, so I wouldn't worry too much about ordering from them. But honestly, I think just about any reputable shop would be able to get it out. I had a similar problem when I swapped the blower. I broke one of the bolts on the back of the EGR thing. I took the blower to a shop and he got it out for me in 7 minutes and didn't charge me a dime, even though I left him a twenty on the counter since he saved my whole weekend lol.

Any Ford dealership would surely have a tech who could get it out, but it may cost a bit more than your average repair shop. You could try an easy out, but be careful when working around fuel if you had to tap a new hole (sparks from the friction).

RixSikcobra04

Gentlemen, thanks for the hope and encouragement, I feel warm and fuzzy :xpl:

On a serious note, thanx, I like youz guyzes optimism. I'll have it towed(free-AAA)to a local machine shop and after what you guys said, feelin' pretty confinedent that it will be fixed. If not, I've goy my eye on a set of new rails.
Keep ya posted.

Rick

Users who are viewing this thread