Help... Get on the list?

VENM

One of the Fab 5 Fords
Established Member
I want to get on the list and of course pay msrp or a little above. Local dealers have a letter from Ford saying all dealers will be allocated one
GT 500 and I can get on their list. I called SVT and they said all
"Presidents Club" dealers will get one GT 500. Has anybody put down a deposit with a non-SVT dealer?
SVT said get on as many lists that you can but, don't put any money down.
What is everyone else doing?
Thanks

drmustang

Banned
Your being 1st, 2nd or 5th on a "list" will guarantee you nothing other than a phone call and an absurdly inflated price.
One car per dealer-nonsense! This will be a profoundly profitable vehicle for Ford on a per unit basis. Ford's corporate literature states that the GT500 will be produced in whatever #'s can be sold. This offering is nothing more than an upgrade of a high volume car that is built on a commodity platform. Ford's executives would have to be on crack not to sell these things wholesale. Use your head and don't be suckered by cheap psycological marketing tricks. Tell the car salesman to wipe his rearend with the "list".

VENM

One of the Fab 5 Fords
Established Member
Let me clarify-
SVT said every "Presidents Club" dealer will be allocated one GT 500. At this local dealer I would be first on their list and have a contract for a sale price of msrp. SVT also said in 2007 they will produce 7,000 - 9,000 cars.
Has anybody made the choice to go on a list and place a down payment?

chuckstang

Established Member
There are lists available but no way to put a down payment on the car yet because there is no sku or whatever they call it for the car yet.
No one is guarenteed nothing yet!

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
VENM said:
Let me clarify-
SVT said every "Presidents Club" dealer will be allocated one GT 500. At this local dealer I would be first on their list and have a contract for a sale price of msrp. SVT also said in 2007 they will produce 7,000 - 9,000 cars.
Has anybody made the choice to go on a list and place a down payment?

you are correct. we have about 25 on a list as we speak. we are not taking deposits, it makes no sense at all at this time. i dont think any dealer knows how many they will get. putting the customer on a list maybe makes them feel better some how...

drmustang

Banned
How many Mustang enthusiasts are going to be able to handle the debt that will be incurred on what will cost close to $45,000 out the door? Fewer than than the number who could handle the costs of the previous generation Cobras which sold rather poorly in the mid 30's. There should be enough of these for the small number of individuals who can afford the monthly loan payment and insurance costs along with their existing expenses. Unfortunately there are going to be eager GT500 buyers(some on the "list") who won't come close to a loan approval or be unaware of how far upside down they may be on their current vehicle. Anyone who is at the top of the list and sees himself paying MSRP at the inititiation of sales(whenever that may be) is out of touch with reality. The "list" is a joke. Your dealers first units will be sold to those willing to bend over, list or no list.

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
drmustang said:
How many Mustang enthusiasts are going to be able to handle the debt that will be incurred on what will cost close to $45,000 out the door? Fewer than than the number who could handle the costs of the previous generation Cobras which sold rather poorly in the mid 30's. There should be enough of these for the small number of individuals who can afford the monthly loan payment and insurance costs along with their existing expenses. Unfortunately there are going to be eager GT500 buyers(some on the "list") who won't come close to a loan approval or be unaware of how far upside down they may be on their current vehicle. Anyone who is at the top of the list and sees himself paying MSRP at the inititiation of sales(whenever that may be) is out of touch with reality. The "list" is a joke. Your dealers first units will be sold to those willing to bend over, list or no list.

Very well put. sad but true, i see it all the time...

btw, the 1st person on our list owns a 67gt500,93 black s/c cobra,03 black conv cobra,2 05 mustang gt, 01 black conv cobra,and a 96 mystic as well. so i am sure he will add this one in his corral :coolman:

chuckstang

Established Member
Well, not all dealers bend you over. Some will sell it very very close to msrp unless you live out in the middle of nowhere and basically the buyer has no other choice but to pay what is being asked. But we shall see, no one really knows.

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
chuckstang said:
Well, not all dealers bend you over. Some will sell it very very close to msrp unless you live out in the middle of nowhere and basically the buyer has no other choice but to pay what is being asked. But we shall see, no one really knows.

we were 1 of the few dealers around who did notincrease the msrp on cobras and 05 gt stangs.

time will tell...

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
drmustang said:
That's the most sensible thread I've read in this forum to date! :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread