Help.....have an oil drip

crazyhorse89

Established Member
So changed my oil the other day and noticed a light film of oil of the drivers side k-member. Wasnt much of anything so wiped it all off and reinstalled my drainplug. Reached up to do my oil filter and noticed while the filter itself was clean and dry all away around, there was oil all over right in that area below. Is there a common gasket or line in that area that has been found to develop a small leak? Walked out this morning to notice a small dot of oil on the driveway that was in frontt of the cross member. So i figure its right there in that area. Does that allen headed plug loosen up? Help guys

Thanks
John

ttk53

Established Member
So changed my oil the other day and noticed a light film of oil of the drivers side k-member. Wasnt much of anything so wiped it all off and reinstalled my drainplug. Reached up to do my oil filter and noticed while the filter itself was clean and dry all away around, there was oil all over right in that area below. Is there a common gasket or line in that area that has been found to develop a small leak? Walked out this morning to notice a small dot of oil on the driveway that was in frontt of the cross member. So i figure its right there in that area. Does that allen headed plug loosen up? Help guys

Thanks
John

Most of the time the problem is that the oil cooler came loose. You have to take the filter off and use a 1/2" allen (i think) in the post the filter threads on and tighten it up. Mine and many other has done the same thing.

crazyhorse89

Established Member
Most of the time the problem is that the oil cooler came loose. You have to take the filter off and use a 1/2" allen (i think) in the post the filter threads on and tighten it up. Mine and many other has done the same thing.

Figures....just looked thru my allen wrenches biggest i have is a 3/8" lol. Thanks for the info

Users who are viewing this thread