HELP....i think i have a bad FPRS

cobra93teal

Psycho Pilot Racing
Established Member
ok here is what the car does... WOT it misses and studders.... but what is weird is that even if you give the car a little bit of throttel it makes boost! like 8+lbs this is not right... i dont know what could do this? the FPRS i can understand the missing and studdering but WTF about the boost? it is a stock 03..... and it makes boost like crazy...without even getting on it... PLEASE HELP the vaccumm line smells like gas.....but we took a FPRS off my buddies 04 and it did not fix it......i have not hit the revlimiter on this car(but when the prob started i WAS NOT driving it)

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
How old are the spark plugs?
Maybe you should pull them and inspect them.

Might be time for a new set.

It's a place to start looking anyway.

Dana

cobra93teal

Psycho Pilot Racing
Established Member
Dana said:
How old are the spark plugs?
Maybe you should pull them and inspect them.

Might be time for a new set.

It's a place to start looking anyway.

Dana
Thanks for the reply...the plugs are new.....i am sure it is nothing like that becuase the car makes boost all the time.... i am wondering if there is a boost by pass sensor on the side of the blower(or which sensor it is) the bad thing is the car has 368xxx miles on it! i am thinking i will call dealer monday as see if they will be helpful and take care of it :rolleyes:

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
How about clogged/collapsed cats(s)?

Idle would be ok, but upper ranges would suffer + increased back pressure could account for higher than normal boost reading.
That is what you are saying - the boost is sooner and higher than normal, right?

Just a guess...

Dana

Fordy

Established Member
Possible, but I wouldn't think a new car could have a clogged/damaged cat, unless you smashed the thing on a speed bump or something :/

Users who are viewing this thread