Help Identifying a Car (Roush)

M3xpress

Established Member
I use to stay up on this type of stuff when I was younger, not so much anymore.

What are some identifying pieces to a real Roush Mustang 99-04?

What's throwing me off is it is a '04 V8 car that is listed as a Stage 1 which I thought were only V6s, with a Stage 3 bumper.

It seems to have production badging on the inside of the door sills, but like I said the options combo threw me, I'm just looking through pics, I'm not an expert on them.

I was wondering what a low mileage, real one is worth?

Last edited:

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
i wanna say 1 is body kit
2 is suspension n body kit
3 is supercharger, kit, and suspension but don't hold me to it.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Stage 1's come V6 or V8. They are strictly a body kit.

Stage 2's are N/A V8's only and come with suspension components as well as the body kit and what not

Stage 3's come with a more aggressive suspension system as well as the blower.

Options are bigger wheels, 18x10 optional, Alcon brake system
On the interior, (they can) come with white face gauges, a medal plaque, shifter handle and ball. Roush seats, floor mats and tool box in the trunk on the back of the deck lid

Then there are 360R's 380R's and the 400's which as special models. They are optioned as the stage 3's but with rear exit exhaust and side exhaust is optional.

Thats pretty much the just of it of the top of my head. Anyone feel free to jump in and correct me on anything.

There should be a door sticker with an identification serial number

Take a look at these

Package Info by Year
Roush VIN search

As far as there worth. Its a crap shoot. The are booked as stock GT's. (Or 6's if its a V6 stage 1 model) They bring more money depending on who's buying. Overall, the resale value on 99-04's is horrible if you bought them brand new. Unless it a Cobra Built model and those are rare. Pretty much for a low mile stage 1 and depending on options 10 to 12 maybe. Once again, it depends alot on who's buying and if they know what it is.

Edit: Also, there are no reproduction Roush Parts either like Saleen. So you don't really have to worry about that. However parts are whore'd out quite a bit so essentially you can build an perfect replica. If you are patent enough to search for parts. Many parts are gone now.

Last edited:

KaNolton

Rio Red Slowbra...yezzur
Established Member
There will be a paper tag on the driverside door jam along with the passenger side door jam if its authentic. It will state: This vehicle has been modified by Roush Performance etc.

divided

Established Member
Dirks pretty much covered it. IMO only the S3 is worth anything. Especially considerding the premimun over a base GT. Could easily get a terminator for the prices of stage3's. Assuming power is the main concern.

cobrkilrl

Established Member
There will be a paper tag on the driverside door jam along with the passenger side door jam if its authentic. It will state: This vehicle has been modified by Roush Performance etc.

I had a stage 2 roush. It came with suspension, side exhaust set up, roush cold air intake in the fender and stock tune from ford. It also had blue stripes (oxford white paint). There will be a sticker with roush build number on the passenger side as well as roush modified sticker on the driver side. I got 10,000 for trade in value on an 03.

cobrkilrl

Established Member

I had a stage 2 roush. It came with suspension, side exhaust set up, roush cold air intake in the fender and stock tune from ford. It also had blue stripes (oxford white paint). There will be a sticker with roush build number on the passenger side as well as roush modified sticker on the driver side. I got 10,000 for trade in value on an 03. It came with 18 in chrome roush wheels and 295/40/18 tires on the rear and 265/45/18 on the front.

Users who are viewing this thread