HELP I'm stuck 3+ hours away from home!!!!

LS1-Larry

Established Member
Ok I live in Houston Tx. And I'm stuck in a small doesn't have nothing but a Wal-Mart in it town called Beeville Tx. 200 miles from home!
Long story short came to drop my G-ma off pulled in her steep driveway car sounded like crap missing n what not went to exhaust shop welded leaks car still missing like hell pull coil cover off and coil on passanger side 2nd from front the boot is shredded and when I go to pull it plug comes right out. I buy new plugs x 8 and one new coil from Autozone to get me home and now the new plug won't skrew in to spot where coil was shredded and plug was just sitting.Now I'm stuck here how do I fix this and what the hell caused this I never heard a pop or boom or clank or anything car ran fine all the way here for 3+ hours now this!:shrug:

LS1-Larry

Established Member
anyone ever have this happen? How hard is it to fix?I unpluged the coil and removed spark plug and disconnected the line to that injector per the advice of a buddy who I really trust then put everything back together minus the afor mentioned things and plan to baby her 200 miles back home to Houston,Tx. On 7 cylinders....is this safe????????

LS1-Larry

Established Member
I'm on my iPhone! I don't wanna imagine a 200 mile tow bill. Besides I just got married this past sat and am broke from the wedding!

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
buy a Cobra. problem solved.

I kidddd... I love LS1s

though I'm sorry I don't have anything to help you with..as far as I know..driving on 7 cylinders isn't too dangerous, but don't take my word for it.

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
If the plug came right out (wasn't seated in the head) and the new one won't thread in, sounds like the plug was blown through the head.. ie, no threads left to start the plug.

THE_STIG

Established Member
If the plug came right out (wasn't seated in the head) and the new one won't thread in, sounds like the plug was blown through the head.. ie, no threads left to start the plug.

+1, if this is the case, start crying

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
200miles on 7 cyls isnt safe. I've never heard of that happening before. wish I could help. GL

i dont see the problem?

pull the plug and unclip the fuel injector for that cylinder (so it isnt washing the walls with fuel) and limp it home, knowing even with 7 cylinders you could smear most hunduh's with ease.

youngone

I hate ugly people
Established Member
Spark plug holes can be repaired, but since you have an LS1.....God hates you.

Call around to local auto part stores and see if they have a repair kit.

EDIT: Just read the Walmart thing, you're boned.

BuckChoklit

Schooled by Satan
Established Member
I drove 130 miles with a broken exhaust valve. I was driving from No.VA to northern Indiana, when somewhere near Sandusky, Ohio a chunk of an exhaust valve broke off.

WP64

I Couldn't Care Less...
Established Member
i dont see the problem?

pull the plug and unclip the fuel injector for that cylinder (so it isnt washing the walls with fuel) and limp it home, knowing even with 7 cylinders you could smear most hunduh's with ease.

It will work, it will also make a hell of a racket; be sure to check your oil level as you go. I had it happen to me in my 2000 Expedition 5.4 2-valve, quite common in these motors. Drove it 150 miles to home w/o plug and pulled the injector wires, no damage to my motor and I've put another 40k miles on it since. The plug threads can be fixed with a threaded insert, you need a special tap for this repair; a good shop will do it for $150-200 plus parts.

BTW I recently read, on SVTP I believe, of this plug blowout thing happening in a Terminator... I shit you not.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread