Help in picking out new head unit

Doc013

Established Member
Ok, so as my present to me this year I replaced the speakers in my 01 lighting hoping to at least get decent sound, and avoid replacing the factory head unit as well, but it too blows major chunks, and has to go!

I'd like to put in one of the new Kenwood 6.1-Inch-Wide In-Dash Monitor jobbies, or something like it with no flip up anything. I want nav/dvd/ bluetooth/sat/cd/50watt. Problem looks like I only have LESS than 4in of Height in the factory space.

What fits with out major dash surgery? Any good dash kits for something like this? Any pictures of your setup? Please advise.

Thanks in advance guys! Doc

MixMaker

I've got a fever!!
Established Member
AVIC F900 BT.

I love this thing. Some trimming is needed, but as Bluebolt said, you're not going to get a Double Din in there without some trimming. Our dash has a plastic piece that tapers down and doesn't allow much to fit. If you've ever had the stock radio out you'll notice that it tapers in the back as well to fit the contours of this shape. I did mine myself and with the right tools you should be able to do the same.

AVIC.jpg

:rockon:

Doc013

Established Member
Thanks for the info!

Looks like I'll have to get out the mototool, or find a car stero guru in the west palm area.

Users who are viewing this thread