HELP Jeep Wont Start

mgallo13

Established Member
2001 wrangler 4.0L
One day at work I walked out and the ignition just clicked. So I roll started it and replaced the starter when i got home. it Fired right up.

Drove to work the next day, started in the am (new starter) then wouldn't start in the afternoon at 5 when i was leaving work. again, no crank, just clicking. So i replaced the battery as well.

It just did the exact same thing to me again, after driving on the highway, stopping and getting gas, and starting it again this morning. I walked out to give it a shot at lunch today and it just clicked.

any ideas what it could be?

also its not throwing check engine lights and runs fine when i get it started.

Last edited:

aarons04cobra

Established Member
you could have a drain off the battery. Have you tried jumping it to see if the battery is just dead. Even if you did replace the battery, it would make sense that it started until it drains your new battery again and then goes back to not starting.

I am no jeep expert but sounds like a simple fix.

Check grounds and anything else attached to your battery terminals "I.E subwoofers, amplifiers, etc" and make sure its all got solid connections. check the ground connection "i would guess it grounds out somewhere near the transmission"

NJ03SVTCobra

Addicted Open Tracker
Established Member
I told you're dad I broke my phone at Newark airport.... Are you the one that's trying to call me, lol. My screen shattered and my insurance replacement is at home. FB msg me when you can.

mgallo13

Established Member
It was the ignition pin actuator. Piece of shit was made out of plastic and snapped. So I guess it would wedge itself in there sometimes and it would start and other times it wouldn't work. Knock on wood, it's fixed hahaha

Users who are viewing this thread