Help jlt cold air intake car shuts off while driving

timlucken

Established Member
Just installed JLT cold air intake next generation, but when letting off the gas or slowing down the car will randomly (sometimes) shut off whether it was after full throttle or cruising.
Car never throws any codes and starts up just fine. Intake is properly installed and mass air flow sensor is facing in the correct direction not to mention I am using the stock MAF.
Also car is SCT bama tuned.
ANY ADVICE??

Attachments

• pics 5 349.JPG
    pics 5 349.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 364
  • pics 5 365.JPG
    pics 5 365.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 324

mrspeedy69

W.O.R.D.
Established Member
Did it just start after the install? Is that all you did to it? Mine had a slight idle issue after I installed mine. However, the more I drove it the better it did. Only did it a couple times but is fine now.

AMAlexLazarus

AmericanMuscle.com
Hey Tim - I've seen this happen a few times and I would suggest pulling the intake off and reinstalling it just to be on the safe side. Just to make sure did Bama get you set up with a revision for the Cold Air? If not shoot them a call or drop me a line and I'm happy to get you some help.

timlucken

Established Member
Yea I just pulled of the whole kit and reinstalled it yesterday, and the car drove good for the day, but it seems after a few hundred miles on it is when it starts acting weird. Hopefully it doesn't do it again.

timlucken

Established Member
I wonder if because the wheel well was resting on part of the filter that maybe that contributed to it, but this time I left the wheel well off.

WHITESTRIPES

Established Member
This same thing happened to me as well. I installed my jlt cai the same time as a new front bumper. I ordered new fogs/bezels and before they came in whenever I drove the car it would shut off while driving. Mostly after a pull on deceleration. I put the new fogs in to cover the filter and a new well ( it had a big hole also exposing filter) and the problem went away. It seemed the filter was getting way too much air for part throttle conditions. Maybe this or something similar is your problem as well?

Users who are viewing this thread